Otago/Southland Meat discussion thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Toddy415 said:

Shit that was a good day even with wagon playing up, after the bonnet poping open for about the 5th time we stopped in alex on the way home and stropped it shut.

Further to this yarn.  At this juncture, we encountered some drunken Alexandra locals, a pair of which seemed genuinely offended by my moustache, much to my entertainment, though I'm not sure a mulletted, leather vest wearing air compressor rider with a mulletted wife has much ground for such statements.  Still, as I said, entertaining.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, kyteler said:

Further to this yarn.  At this juncture, we encountered some drunken Alexandra locals, a pair of which seemed genuinely offended by my moustache, much to my entertainment, though I'm not sure a mulletted, leather vest wearing air compressor rider with a mulletted wife has much ground for such statements.  Still, as I said, entertaining.

They guessed which car you were driving correctly haha

The driver genuinely thought we were tieing the wagon to her van for a tow lol

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kyteler said:

FYI, @kiwi808 & @Nick Ritchie, I double checked my speedo with GPS on the drive home and mine is maybe 1-2mph out at the very worst. So ahhhh...  yeeeeeeah.

Yea yea...... mine said i was doin 80mph while sittin behind the luxo barge & the rolling road block on the way home, sounded like 8000 revs while doing it. 

Nearly paid the price for that too, checked the oil at Mataura, EMTPY! full sump when i left town in the morning.  Probably a good thing for the rest of you that i was at the back of the convoy on the way home.

Was a great day out even though the little white turd started its own weight loss program by shedding parts ie; 2 brand new exhaust flange nuts are now part of the Central Otago roadside rubbish. Sourced another avenger motor up there & hopefully theres some other bits in the shed. Like the idea of gettin 1 of the avengers...... but moving house @ 3 weeks time &  theres no room too many toys already. 

Wasn't paying much attention to how less twitchy little turd was  chasing @kyteler & @Toddy415 back home, turns out righthand side rack bolts worked loose & rack was moving,       on the plus side the new shocks have transformed its open road ability, worth the effort getting it ready for the run.

• Like 1