Otago/Southland Meat discussion thread

1 hour ago, Mazda Dave said:

Was up there over labour weekend on the saturday. Good last little shred around! Now, that winter is over and Spring is here can we get together sometime. Only thing I've planned is to head over to Timaru for the four and rotary champs later in November. Gonna make a weekend out of it... the gf is somewhat not impressed about, firstly going to Timaru for the weekend and that we are going there to look at and watch cars... hahahahahahah.

Did anyone make the car show down south earlier in the month?

yep went for a bit. we were staying in rivy that night. was horrible weather but still some pretty neat stuff there. 

will have to meet soon before life gets too busy etc. and i leave all of you fine central otago-ian gentleman. 

anyone got ideas for meet locations ? im all ears!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, kyteler said:

Just remembered it's about three hours to Wanaka.  Enthusiasm waned. 6 hrs minimum of driving and probably two tanks of gas.  Probably be a $400 Sunday. 

It is exactly this that dampens my enthusiasm also. Much as I would love to meet up with you all my budget does not permit it.

but i hear you folks, bit of a stitch up for those travelling long distances. We do cover a pretty large area here. 

another alternative is exploring more countryside and venturing to a country tav in the middle of nowhere, much like the St Bathans and Nightcaps Hotels. 

Im thinking somewhere like Riversdale, Mossburn. Be a bit less distance for you southern pests, close to a halfway point between central and southeRn cats. 

• Like 2

On 31/10/2018 at 21:33, Mazda Dave said:

Was thinking of heading to the the cars over coffee thing Sunday morning. Anyone else from Queenstown going? @TimShadboltfan27 @kiwi808

I have every intention of going to this on Sunday providing it doesn’t rain.

As an FYI to Queertown peeps, there may be some snow on the Crown Range first thing for extra Mad Mike fun times.