Otago/Southland Meat discussion thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I’ll be keen for the blossom festival and possibly the shred. Got a good mates birthday sat evening.. so will miss out the crompton festivities and try meet ya in the morning before you cruise over to blossom fest. Might bring a few other car peps along that I’ve stumbled across lately... 

• Like 1

On 17/09/2018 at 15:02, kiwi808 said:

Cardrona was closed today but is open tomorrow for what should be an epic pow day. Cardies was at 35+ cms this morning and it’s still snowing!

Got myself up Coronet Super early yesterday. Was pretty epic, most of town was there though so i got a handful of laps in and then boosted off. Cant complain about a big spring snowfall!!! Means its gonna be awesome for the next couple of weeks!

• Like 1

im looking pretty flaky for sunday now, unsure if ill make the blossom festival. but ill deffs be on board with the mish up coronet satdee. might even wire in an 2nd engine fan for the trip up, shits gonna get hot. 

i hope @kiwi808 is coming up in the 808, wont be the same without it. 

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, TimShadboltfan27 said:

im looking pretty flaky for sunday now, unsure if ill make the blossom festival. but ill deffs be on board with the mish up coronet satdee. might even wire in an 2nd engine fan for the trip up, shits gonna get hot. 

i hope @kiwi808 is coming up in the 808, wont be the same without it. 

Yup. The spring weather is looking more than a bit average for the weekend at the moment. Might still do a slide up the hill Saturday, probably would have anyway. If the cruise up doesn't happen lets def schedule it in for another time. Apparently its suppose to snow to 700m on Sunday and be windy as so who know what the Blossom Festival will be like???! 

1 hour ago, TimShadboltfan27 said:

hmmm forecast didnt look too bad for satdee last time i checked.. rain or shine ill give it a nudge. best spring conditions for a loooong time 

edit: except of course if road is chains/4wd only...

Yeah, shouldn't be too much snow coming through until sunday from the forecast but that could all not happen as thats days away. Saying wind and snow down to 700metres for sunday. So could be pretty fresh!

22 hours ago, TimShadboltfan27 said:

im thinking of moving the meet up time forward to 10am at Arthurs, outside Gantleys or something? @kiwi808 @Mazda Dave alg ?

With tomorrow I am gonna wait and see what the weather does... its also World Car Free Day! Hahahahaha. Maybe ill walk up? @kiwi808 ill finally be getting over to cardrona in a couple of Saturdays. So maybe see you up there. 

Is anyone still heading to Alex Sunday?

1 hour ago, TimShadboltfan27 said:

this breaks my heart. traitor. oh well catch you up there mazDAVE

what time you headed up?

Misses and I might do a morning slide, as long as weather stays reasonable. couple of other mates might be headed up also. Could still grab a hot lap and coffee up there?

3 hours ago, Mazda Dave said:

With tomorrow I am gonna wait and see what the weather does... its also World Car Free Day! Hahahahaha. Maybe ill walk up? @kiwi808 ill finally be getting over to cardrona in a couple of Saturdays. So maybe see you up there. 

Is anyone still heading to Alex Sunday?

Cardrona is open til the 21st of October so still plenty of time for snow stuff.

I am likely to be down at the car show on Sunday. Not entering just popping down for a look.

• Like 1