Otago/Southland Meat discussion thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

its out by winton, farm with whole bunch of dirt jumps and fmx ramps, moto bmx and all sorts going on. bloody good fun. 

im thinking bout going but have roger waters in dunners that week, then burt munro the next... funding will be low and probably best to spend that time making sure my bike wont explode on the way to invers. could be tempted if enough of you cats are interested. 

• Like 1

Yup. @Nick Ritchie pretty much nailed it. It’s on very two years as well now... Thinking a day trip could be good if a few are keen to share costs. Definitely want to go down for invers for Munro weekend or day trip day down the following weekend as well. Lots on and a little low on funds as well but.... whatever. Got take advantage of the events on close by! 

On ‎16‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 12:44, igor said:

Anyone going to Edendale Crankup this year? I'm thinking to go on the Saturday.

Working Saturday (well, now actually).

But prob taking kids out tomorrow for a nosy, wife strangely not interested in gazing at old machinery and yarning to stationary engine enthusiasts. Least with the girls I can distract them with candyfloss while I contemplate my impending Barrydom...

Drove past Edendale twice yesterday and lots of smoke belching chuffers travelling on the road... :)

Had a bloody good day out today. Looked at tractors, yarned with tractor barries, watched tractor pulling, yarned with military re-enactment barries, photographed tractors and cars, yarned with tractor barries some more, looked at tractors again, drove someone's spare tractor in the grand parade, yarned some more, then wagon timed it home with the radio cranking out '60s and '70s music. Pics shall be posted in the appropriate threads. I shall probably have a medicinal brandy soon.

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎5‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 13:20, Nick Ritchie said:

so the Burt Munro is this week/end. im excited 

Yay, WOF'ed...  :thumbleft:

jwg3k0q4.1lx.jpg

Was a tad nervous as bloke who normally looks after my shitters has moved on, and didn't want some stranger who didn't understand OS foibles picking things apart (factory oil leaks, lack of brakes, inability to change gears etc). All good, so will be chuffing round over the weekend.

Will camp out if weather is kind...

• Like 2