Adoom

Adoom's 1976 Triumph 2500 TC

Condolences.

Try Chris Witor in the UK for bits. Good pricing with reasonable and quick shipping.

Was this the one that had the brown parts car on trademe?

1 hour ago, Snoozin said:

Condolences.

Try Chris Witor in the UK for bits. Good pricing with reasonable and quick shipping.

Was this the one that had the brown parts car on trademe?

How Quick is quick? 

Yep, that one. Paid $2500 for it. I didn't get the parts car too, didn't really want it, or know how the hell I would get it home.

Mine has a manual rack, I thought they were all power steering....

The steering wheel is super manky, it had a horrible sticky gungy Type S cover on it. I've pulled that off, but all that's left is the foam bit which is loose. I'm going to try split it and glue it back on then wrap it with bike handlebar tape or something... 

2 minutes ago, Adoom said:

Mine has a manual rack, I thought they were all power steering....

The steering wheel is super manky, it had a horrible sticky gungy Type S cover on it. I've pulled that off, but all that's left is the foam bit which is loose. I'm going to try split it and glue it back on then wrap it with bike handlebar tape or something... 

According to a Triumph forum, power steering fitted to "2500S and facelift PI only - option on all other MKII's "

These leather steering wheel covers come highly recommended :-

s-l1600.jpg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FOR-TRIUMPH-2500S-BLACK-ITALIAN-LEATHER-STEERING-WHEEL-COVER-WHITE-STITCHING-NEW-/261307651178

Witors stuff usually shows up around a week after dispatch, which in my mind is quick ha.

Just buy another steering wheel, they'll be $20 or so if that.

The knob you're asking about is for dimming the instrument lights

• Like 1

That little knob near the clock is the dash lighting dimmer.

Also, I may have a complete dash in walnut stashed somewhere... I suspect it's gone AWOL with my other leftover 2500 parts.

• Like 1

Just now, Lump said:

The knob you're asking about is for dimming the instrument lights

I thought it might be, but it didn't seem to make any difference. I will try again when it is dark.

• Like 1

Just now, Adoom said:

I thought it might be, but it didn't seem to make any difference. I will try again when it is dark.

TBH, I can't imagine anything being dimmer than Lucas lighting in Smiths instruments...

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Alfashark said:

That little knob near the clock is the dash lighting dimmer.

Also, I may have a complete dash in walnut stashed somewhere... I suspect it's gone AWOL with my other leftover 2500 parts.

Are all the dash's the same size? There is a PI one on trademe, but it looks much wider than mine...

I'd like to replace the clock with a rev counter. The clock is also drunk, when the hour hand is on the hour, the minute hand is on half past.

Just now, Adoom said:

Yeah I don't recall mine ever working either - might be able to clean out the rheostat to see if it helps.

If its anything like the Jag it'll be pretty dim at full power anyhow

1 minute ago, Alfashark said:

TBH, I can't imagine anything being dimmer than Lucas lighting in Smiths instruments...

So true

PI dash is the same size - you can get the center panel as well which is where the clock moves to on the PI models

• Like 1

On my XC the dashlight dimmer went from a pale glow to nothing at all.

• Like 1

I'll have six MkII 2000, 2500 and 2500S models coming into my yard soon to be dismantled for parts so just sing out if you need bits.

• Like 2

OS club Triumph. Neal is the parts man.

Any mk1's coming into your yard of hope Neal?

3 hours ago, Threeonthetree said:

I'll have six MkII 2000, 2500 and 2500S models coming into my yard soon to be dismantled for parts so just sing out if you need bits.

Off the top of my head....

Front anti roll bar and the bits to attach it from an S?

Is there such a thing as a dash that is not cracked? Mine is more like cracks with a bit of dash on it.

Only one still has all the Anti-roll bar and associated bits still attached which I will keep for my estate. Sorry.

Will check the dashes as they arrive though. Hard to find an uncracked condition but it's easy to find ones with minimal cracks.

• Like 1