Adoom's 1976 Triumph 2500 TC

Adoom

Somehow it took most of today to make this bit.

Most of the time was trying to get the curve right. I think this is as close as I can get it without starting all over again.

IMAG0433.thumb.jpg.4d4ea953abafe7df3464d1e81b23f755.jpg

I need to cut out and patch that rusty hole before I can start tacking the sill on. 

IMAG0434.thumb.jpg.22d56a5be415c2f39058eacb91b1f240.jpg

It will need a skim of filler I think...

• Like 5

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So... uuuuh, I bought another one. For SFA. It's a 1972 2000TC auto. White, with red interior.

I had originally intended to get it just for the front guard and maybe some spares. But from initial inspection, without removing any parts, it seems to be substantially less rusty than mine. The paint condition is really bad. The guy I bought it off said he had sanded it back because some surface rust was coming through, then some rattle can paint chucked on, but the surface rust came back up so it got a WHOLE BUNCH of rust converter all over it. I suspect it is the original paint.

I don't have it home yet cause of tow vehicle problems, but my brother it looking after it for me. Hopefully I get it home after xmas.

I want to strip it completely to see what the rust situation is then decide if I transfer my plans over to that one and put the yellow one to the side. It's kinda a shame, I've done a bunch of work to the yellow one and there is still a bunch of work left to go.

Buut, I will have to wait till my house is finished, APPARENTLY by end of Jan, cause there is no way I can get another Triumph in the garage while I'm living in here and my house stuff is taking up 1/3rd of the space..

Thanks to @Threeonthetree and @Nick Ritchie for OS Freight Services. I have a heater with a motor that isn't broken by me. And some patch panels for the rear wheel arches, B-pillar and a corner above the rear windscreen.

I also got a 1972 Triumph 2000 Auto last week which is probably going to take over being the 1UZFE conversion project from the yellow one.

• Like 2