Range Rover Rescue discussion

nacnud

Awesome cheers for that Torton.

Still hunting tyres for this thing. If any one has some leads on some 205R16 that look similar to this tread patten let me know. Everything I find looks too modern and lame. 

Photo below of the Factory Michelin X M+S on it. Awesome tread but way too old and cracked to fang down the motorway on.

7Q1ilO5.jpg

RiBALPg.jpg

Any leads on this greatly appreciated! 

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

No big updates on Red yet but I did get down to Christchurch for some site visits last week so I got to send some time with the parents and the other Rover...

It is a pretty solid truck but needs to go through compliance again as the last owner let it lapse. 

1979 and a suffix F so one of the last ones in the suffix range. Nice to have power steering and a few other luxuries that the A does not.

This is the good side, other has a bit of panel damage.  

IMG_0054.thumb.JPG.988b31ab83f06eef4dcfd2c62d2b35ce.JPG

Tossing up if I should get it through compliance in Christchurch and drive it up or get it on a transporter up to Auckland. Any recommend compliance places in Christchurch? 

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, f100_dreamin said:

Go see Greg at R3 Fabrication in Papakura, they are metal work magicians.

Awesome, thats the 2nd referral for them now! I've been trying to call but no one ever picks up ha! Will pop in next week 

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
On 29/03/2018 at 18:39, hr31gts-x said:

Good to see you taken it to my mate Glen's shop he's the Landrover expert.

Glen and Greg are absolute legends! Their quality of work is outstanding. 

Some more Land Rover faff to add. Sold my Range Rover LSE, the 4.2 was just too expensive to run as a daily! I do miss the big old thing though. How good is that rear leg room!

5Dx8CXY.jpg

4QmLZ1o.jpg

yQ7GTro.jpg

It has been replaced by an 1998 300tdi Disco. UK model but came over early, it is also a very basic spec which I love. No ABS, AC, Airbags and manual sunroofs. Great parts hauler and camping machine.

1YkdVCZ.jpg

hZ3UFwg.jpg

Also have this 1973 Suffix B stashed which I am trying to figure out what to do with?!

y08aVZ6.jpg

• Like 9

On 12/01/2019 at 21:21, yoeddynz said:

Damn I'd love to rebuild a truck /4wd in similar style using all new or repassivated fastners. So clean. So neat. Such big boys tamiya model building fun. 

Such a good feeling putting it back together! Hurts the wallet though. 

It is pretty much a big Meccano set though, everything is bolted together 

• 4 months later...

HPC coated wheels and new tyres give the Suffix B a good facelift. Unfortunately looks like it will be sold. Need some loot for home renovations and hopefully some left over for the Suffix A project... 

IMG_7360.JPEG

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...