FOOTEYS 1974 AUSTIN 1300 EMILY

footey

Nice car! Twins to mine. 

The passenger side noise is more likely to be the bush in the steering rack, it makes a noise through the floor. Check my thread here - I just did the fix. I'll find the nolathane part number later. See below for how I did it. 

//oldschool.co.nz/index.php?/topic/35013-guywithaviators-1974-austin-1300/&page=6

• Like 3

ah right sweet ill see if the noise is still there after i drive it with new cvs, my steering rack seems pretty tight. the inner cvs make the same noise as a flogged  steering rack

bmc for life i love the guy at mini bits such a good guy =D

right lets have a poll of what people think rather then just crazy shit I try telling ma gf when she has no idea at all.

wanting to do an engine conversion on my Austin 1300, I'm going for twin cam goodness and around 110hp so it is driveable and not a hp pig, two options

option a is a specially built a series 1275 bored out to 1380 cc with a k100 head 8V from a bmw mated to the top, meaning fuel injection crossflow design, this also means no modification to the subframe, but a draw back of the original a series gearbox.
Image result for 4age mini

the second option is to go all out and drop a 4age 16v or maybe 20v fwd orientated, I know all the kids these days are dropping Honda motors in mini but that is not my style, I was thinking 4age for the fact its more modern then the a series has a raft of upgrades can have a rather classic look (kind off) cheaper gearboxs which have built in lsd from factory, 5 or 6 speed gearbox which the a series seriously lacks, I love the sound of 4age aswell and would be around the same weight as a original a series. downsides to this is fabrication of mounts and custom made driveshaft's was thinking Toyota engine side with Austin outer end? another bonus of the 4 age would be its easier to bomb another motor in rather then a specially built engine.

Image result for 4age fwd engine 

ill bomb so more photos of in car photos these photos are of course minis no one has deared to put effort into a Austin or botherd to record it so imagine more frontal room

Image result for 4age mini

Related image

if you have any other suggestion fire away or comment your thoughts