Footeys 1974 Austin 1300 Emily

footey

Well i brought a Austin, not much to say, got a really good deal and is in original and okay condition, plans for this old girl.
well first i need to fix the clunking noise in the passenger left front, i think it may be the inner cv.
Buy new house carpet as the 80s house carpet aint to flash.

austin.jpg

austin.png

• Like 6

Well I was right blew the inner front cv, had fun on my driveway  messing around pulling the Austin apart.
after all that of putting the new cv in the bang the drivers side cv decided to go aswell =(
well it will be wensday till the old girl is on the road.
I really need a shed

16521898_10154899435303326_232306575_n.jpg

16521883_10154899435093326_66201194_n.jpg

16507202_10154899434913326_1249418370_n.jpg

• Like 1

so update, drove perfectly fine for a long drive to the beech, on the way back the motor shifted popped the driveshaft out and left its oily goodness over the side of the road.
so after a bit of inspection and a noticeable lean the the left and a very nice banging noise under acceleration i determined the gearbox side mount was buggerd alongside with front engine mount

so this is what i found the mount completely broken in half, this explains why my cv broke and why my exhaust keeps leaking so after a few hours pissing around and calling the car all the names under the sun i got the new mount in =D now to pop the driveshaft back in and should be good as gold.
maybe next time lift the whole engine out this job was a real cock

• 3 weeks later...

right making friends in all the right places, mechanics that is, due to good fortune I have the use of a mechanics shop.
 this meant I can finally take on the massive under going of replacing the steering rack bushing and the front engine mount.
here are some photos of the events that unfolded on this given day

steering rack2.jpg

so next was getting the rack out, now Austin people know this is a really easy job...............................
this is how I dropped the subframe.
and the steering rack chilling on the ground after been a royal prick, little did I know taking it out was the easy part =( 

to wrap it all up chucked a new engine mount in, slammed the rack in the hole and bolted her all up snuggly lovely jovely

Last on the list was wheel alignment the passengers side had massive toe out while the drivers was straight, rather then looking like a drunk man with a bad limp I did the wheel alignment can do 1km distance straight not touching the wheel, ran out of space.

right so now is to drive the shit out of it to bed in the new rack its go kart tight at this moment in time but slowly been broken in, poor girl having a rod ram in and out of her, lovely steering box indeed

wheel alignment.jpg

• Like 2