Kaiser X4.. Oldschools most ridiculous project ever?....

Bombsquad

On 2/8/2017 at 09:18, bmxnz11 said:

Oh man that's sweet. I worked on a site in days bay for awhile where they had this one. Was able to maneuver itself between anything. I believe there were/are only 2 of these in nz? 

There have been a few of them in and out of NZ, the one you have there has since been sold overseas back to Europe (I spoke with him about it when he had it). There are currently three in the country to my knowledge, Karls one in Cambridge, mine in Hamilton and there was one in Christchurch that the guy was trying to sell which may have gone overseas as well. 
The problem with them is they are huge money ($350k new), take a very long time to learn to operate to their full potential, and you cant just chuck anyone on them like a regular digger. So its hard for someone to outlay that kind of coin and then cop the loss until its paid for and starts turning a profit.
That and NZ on the whole doesnt have the extreme conditions they really thrive in so its hard for people for justify the extra hourly rate over a conventional digger, as I said earlier mine is really just a toy (though it will have to earn its keep on the odd extreme demolition job).

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 4 years later...