Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tortron

Doullamas 1948 Q15 Superpoise

7 posts in this topic

Shes an absolute hunny that truck, actually one of the most reliabe cars i have owned, although i mostly own British cars. 

Hope its what you wanted/expected/as described, shes been looking a bit sad without any use

If you are wondering why theres so many rivets in the roof, theres a photo in with the manuals of how Mark used to have it, in its two tone, chromed up, roof boxed glory

2 people like this

Sorry @tortron completely missed this! I'm rather enamoured with the old girl, was just having a durry/lurking in it earlier. I have so missed having a british car! Looked pretty ott with its pinstripey mini-mack stz, quite like its battle-worn, sun-matted appearance and am trying to keep the repainting to a minimum, just the cab scuttle/screen surround/roof and the underside. It's quite funny reading the notes about painting the underside back in the 90s etc "Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!" The karrier also came with stacks of spares so now have a reasonably ridiculous stash, good window rubbers & interior trim etc too which will be handy. Have been talking to a dude down in new plymouth who has a 202/trimatic one, he has a rebuilt crashbox & a couple of dizzys, regulators etc going spare (and handily available at the gentleman's price of a box) so i'll get myself down there at some juncture.  Pretty keen on wof-ing the commer and hacking about in it, been a bit busy/lazy to take it down but i'll get there. Karrier is sweet but can wait for a rainy year haha. If you're ever down this way feel free to drop by for some quality commersation 

commerlawn.gif

1 person likes this

Good to see you putting some miles on it!  Hi-viz aside, it looked very period today when you were rolling home - window down, durry hanging off lip and the low sun was popping a nice shine off that green.

2 people like this

Haha was wondering if you'd hear it whining by :)  

Only just, over the diff howl in the forklift...

2 people like this

Truck Barrie's used to run up and say, boy you don't hear a gearbox like that anymore

4 people like this

4 hours ago, tortron said:

Truck Barrie's used to run up and say, boy you don't hear a gearbox like that anymore

I especially enjoy the 4th to third downshift, chugachuga *clutch* vroom *clutch* *crunch* ROOROOoooOoooo etc haha

1 person likes this