Brandons A31 Cefiro of Shakotan-ness

Metalhead96

The humble Cefiro. Quite a nice car back in its day and some what pined over for some people being lumped into the category of JDM goodness to those who never got them.

In NZ though... well. I think things like cut springs, matt black paint, 6x9 speakers for doof doofs and rtb bourbon'n'cokes spring to mind. Aswell as metal mulisha/dc stickers covering the back half of the car etc etc. Everyone knows the R fucking B stereotype very well in this country.

So what do I do? Put a checky bid on a cefiro "parts car" on the tard of a lazy 100 bucks and end up purchasing one for myself. Nice

As the pictures will tell you, this thing as been pretty neglected. Little bits of rust, someone has danced on the roof at some point, old bog work showing up, spray can practice area. Its a right state I tell you. I had a look at the history of the vehicle, It was imported in 1994 and seemed to have an okay life, it then came off the road at some point possibly from a WOF failure, then the rego lapsed. Was re registered in 2010 but never back on the road, the plates have never being on the car!!! She was most likely a bit slutty and handed around a few nissan "enthusiasts"  who for the most part just robbed parts off it. It started life as a RB20DE auto with a LSD and Hicas. Never manual swapped, hicas never locked out, lsd long gone as is the motor and now has basiclly no interior and rust in some areas

Admire the filth below

IMAG0403.jpg

IMAG0405.jpg

IMAG0411.jpg

• Like 2

Now you might be asking, WTF do you plan to do with this garbage...

Well I first Im going through tidying up what I can, where I can (being a dirty nissan there is only so much you can clean up :wink:)

Currently has a RB30E sitting in the bay which will recieve a tickle up, manual, lsd, full interior back in it, pain and panel. sounds simple enough.

Thing is I want this to stand out from the rest of the RFB crowd and dis-associate as much as I can haha, so much like the title says it will be a bosozoku/shakotan look with some 90'sdrifter-touge-eurobeat-initialD-running in the 90's in the mix.

So to summaries. Rs watanabe's, slammed, s13 two tone paint, takeyari exhaust, long flat wing etc etc.

More carnage below chaps

PS: Did I mention I found a crushed billy maverick can in the car when I got it?! haha

IMG_20160902_201053.jpg

rsz_img_20161016_152029.jpg

• Like 3

Hahah yeah the wheels in the pic are technically Speed Star RS-Eights, they are also my dads set was just trying them on the car. The ones I have are 16x7 and 5 stud which I will get widened to about a 9.5.

Wish they were legit RS-watanabe's but I can dream right haha. They do have the Watanabe logo on the centre's though.

Also have a set of 16x7 Volk Racing progressive mesh which will get the same treatment.

EDIT: I just saw your name pop up on classiczcars asking about a set of speed stars haha

• Like 1

Hahahaha. 

I used to own this car.

there's a lengthy sharn that goes with it too.  It should be rego on hold still too. After I'd sold it to a mate, who then resold it I got a rego on hold reminder. So I whacked it back on for 12 months more. Then chased up my mate to get the buyer to take the fucking thing out if my name STAT.

I have an R32 non hicas rear subframe here for it if you're interested? 

• Like 7

Fucking real!? hahah, I could be that buyer then cause when I got the car I thought for some reason the rego had lapsed. I then got a txt from the seller saying to go put it in my name, was stoked that the plates I got were still live.

I think I remember when I picked it up I asked why he had it and he said he was going to get back into drifting but never got around to doing anything with it. So it just sat for about a year or something before selling it to me.

Could be keen on the subframe, will flick a pm if I need it at somepoint. Would love to hear the sharn about this magnificent automobile.  

Wow, what a fantastic sharn. Almost shed a tear. *clap clap*

I did tell myself when I got this that I must save it from an untimely end. So count on me to give it a new lease on life.

Will be keen to here the directors cut of said sharn over a bevvie or 2. Perhaps I may get that subframe just as an excuse to do so.

When I was going through the back of it having a geez, I noticed something odd around the tail lights etc. Then it clicked, this old bitch as taken one up the arse!! Heaps of seamsealer in and around aswell as some pinched bits of steal. Took a look under it and some of the old seams were split and showing some car cancer, luckily this seems to be the only part of the car thats really bad. Explains why the back quarter panels have cracked bog n such. Only other rust I found is bottom left sill, top of the boot seal, inside rear left guard and engine bay where the battery tray used to be (looks to be both leaky battery and possible home jobbie intercooler cut?). Other then that its quite a solid car really. 

Tbh, I actually bought it because it had a full set of Kei Office coilovers and was gonna hack the front end off to fuse onto a 200sx s13 shell I had for a little bit (bought off @ELEVNS) but after looking over it it was just too good to cut up and the 200sx was well and truely fuckered. 

But it gave me an idea. See, the first plan was to make a "Cef-hundy" or in other words a Cefiro front on a 180/200sx body. Since that fell through I then thought "how bout the s13 front on a cefiro!!" Fucking light bulb I tell ya. Early pignose 180sx front with pop up headlights and all.

I was trying to come up with a name for it. 2firo? Tu-whero? Stay with Cef-hundy? Cefsx?

CEFSEX!!!!!

image.jpg

• Like 3

23 hours ago, CUL8R said:

Is this the one you were going to put a 318 auto into Bart?

Yes. 

However for the money I got from selling the head off this/the car itself I picked up an R33 coupe with reg on hold in slightly better nick. So when I run out of things to do, (ha fucking ha) I'll assemble the motor and try fit the engine in. Be no worries hacking up the rear guards and fitting those huge drag Balloons under a coupe shell.

• Like 1