Daves 1994 Skyline GTR

dave123456789

11 minutes ago, kyteler said:

Not sure on the wheels, they look a little too "busy" if that makes sense?  

Jelly though, good work, nice, etc.  White is definitely the best factory colour for 32s.

Hey I know exactly what you mean regarding the wheels. Am still deciding if I should get the centre bit redone in either the same colour as the stock wheels or a dark bronze as I like bronze on white cars. They do look better in person though. Cheers tho, she's a dream come true. Recently booted up my old gran turismo 2 save from when I was 14 or so and I it's full of GTRs lol

vgmyjs.jpg

• Like 3

I like it on those wheels but I agree the middle in a colour would be great. I love polished lip, gold mesh at the moment. Can't picture the centers bronze but white/bronze seem to suit.

Side note, GTR links are on special till the end of Jan. Tad more boost and tune should see it net 350 ponies atw. Factory turbos are said to be safe up to 1 bar, anything more is getting dangerous.

• Like 1

On Wednesday, 18 January 2017 at 08:38, Plox said:

I like it on those wheels but I agree the middle in a colour would be great. I love polished lip, gold mesh at the moment. Can't picture the centers bronze but white/bronze seem to suit.

Side note, GTR links are on special till the end of Jan. Tad more boost and tune should see it net 350 ponies atw. Factory turbos are said to be safe up to 1 bar, anything more is getting dangerous.

Will prob take a decent side on photo and ask the brothers mrs to photoshop the wheel centers a different color till I find something I like.

Yea have seen that, unsure if I should take the plunge or not. If I was to go link it would then go aftermarket turbos and watch it spiral out of control lol. Got another week to decide though. Could always buy and if I don't end up going down that path onsell for probably no loss.

I wanted to crank the boost up currently to 1 bar but have heard about the ceramic wheels going boom. unsure if I want to risk it. bro was egging me on at drag day to wind it up a bit to crack a 12 but a bitched out. I see there is inexpensive options of either changing the wheel to steel or some garret bolt in replacement turbos seem to be about the 2.5 mark. decision decisions.

On Wednesday, 18 January 2017 at 08:48, chasinthemirage said:

Very nice man! I had a gunmetal grey one but I always preferred them in white. Looking forward to seeing more on this!

cheers mate, gunmetal was my original plan but white is just so good.

also forgot to add in the mod list it has a cusco 2way lsd. shes a bit rough when cold though, shudders a bit like a locker reversing out of my driveway but once has some miles on it feels good. haven't popped a skid yet though. thinking of changing the oil to make it a bit more mild.

Cusco LSDs are awesomely adjustable, if you get sick of the 2 way they're really easy to pull apart and adjust the preload/clutch order / etc. 

Some of them have the option of setting to 1 way or 1.5 way. 

I did all of the above and it made night and day difference to how my car handled. Understeered like crazy with tight 2 way.

Cool car! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Roman said:

Cusco LSDs are awesomely adjustable, if you get sick of the 2 way they're really easy to pull apart and adjust the preload/clutch order / etc. 

Some of them have the option of setting to 1 way or 1.5 way. 

I did all of the above and it made night and day difference to how my car handled. Understeered like crazy with tight 2 way.

Cool car! 

Might look into that. Just a bit aggressive for street use at the moment. Car handles like it's on rails with the diff, suspension and the 4 wheel steering though.

What fluid did you use and was your a bit tight to start with? Mine is basically a locker when fluid is cold so I have to give it a big rev, start moving then always clutch in a coast for tight driveway or car park turns until its warm. It does seem to have calmed a bit since I got it so might have been broken in a bit or I'm used to it more.

not planning on any hectik d1s

2 way is pretty much good for drift only IMO.

A guy in superlap with GTR running gear in S13 has just swapped his Tomei 2 way (which isnt adjustable) for a standard LSD to try get some better cornering out of the car.

Before I pulled it apart I'd run a variety of different oils, Castrol oil was worst for grabbyness, tried with Cusco friction oil modifier which helped a little.

Changed to a redline oil which was a little better, then friction modifier oil added. 

Now (after diff mods) I'm back to original castrol oil with no additives and its perfect.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Roman said:

2 way is pretty much good for drift only IMO.

A guy in superlap with GTR running gear in S13 has just swapped his Tomei 2 way (which isnt adjustable) for a standard LSD to try get some better cornering out of the car.

Before I pulled it apart I'd run a variety of different oils, Castrol oil was worst for grabbyness, tried with Cusco friction oil modifier which helped a little.

Changed to a redline oil which was a little better, then friction modifier oil added. 

Now (after diff mods) I'm back to original castrol oil with no additives and its perfect.

Cheers for that. Might give the redline and friction modifier a try and see how we go from there. Will avoid pulling it out for now as it's still liveable. 

im guessing friction modified make it's less grippy? Cause we don't want more

I also have a 94 gtr... in black, and has a R34 engine fitted.

Has yours also got "super hicas"? Basically it allows for a certain amount of drift before bringing the power forward and steering the rear wheels. 

As for the boost, as soon as you remove the boost restrictor Nissan say the turbos become an item that needs to be checked and serviced. It will be only a matter of time before you find the exhaust turbine in your muffler, it's generally the rear turbo that goes as it runs slightly hotter than the front.

It's such a fucking cunt of a job to do also!! Trust me! If I had to do it again I would drop the complete subframe for access.

I fitted a steel shaft/turbine/compressor  kit from oz, got them balanced and it's now running 16psi just fine with no noticeable lag from going to steel internals.

I found the hardest part of driving it aggressively is the fact that you need to enter the corner with the throttle open for the hicas to operate (if fitted). It's kinda scary when you're already hauling ass but try it once you're comfortable with the car and you will be greatly rewarded!

Fine choice of automobile!

• Like 7

Hey mate, your ride sounds sweet. Is the 34 engine different than the 32? I was looking at steel wheel upgrades as I personally think the cars quick enough for the street as it is, maybe a few more ponys would nice. The garret drop in turbos are also appealing but a nice single such as a gtx35 would also look pretty good in the engine bay. Just not keen to dump 10k+ on this yet, atleast not without really thinking it through. I also like having my license.

yep still got the hicas, it has an interesting feel it on turn, or roundabouts or even changing lanes on the motorway. I first time it did its thing I thought I had lost grip in the rear, then was thinking my sub frame was moving around but now I just go with it and find it quite enjoyable now that I understand what it's trying to do. I want to have a little go on a track so I can really get a feel for it without ending up in the bushes.

havent gone mental in it around corners though as we are still getting to know each other. Prev tyres didnt inspire much confidence but these toyos should be good so won't be so reluctant to push it.

you also have an excellent choice in vehicle!