Riggs 1970 Mazda R100 Build

RiggsRX

Spent some late nights and got the car completely stripped back to a shell. Snapped a few bolts on the way but thats the way she goes. Stoked to get the glass out with no troubles. Vinyl roof came off better than i thought.

Skinned the ol knuckles a few times trying to remove the under dash bolts. Man these cars a designed for little Japanese fellas not big Ogres like me.

thumbnail_IMG_1645.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_1663.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_1664.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_1666.jpg

• Like 3

Dropped the bumpers and tail light surrounds off at the chrome platers . Should have them back by end of Jan 2017.

Bloody hell can't believe the price of chroming. Daylight robbery!! Oh well they will look sick when done. Cant beat shiny chrome r100 tail lights!!!!

Also need to find someone to restore the Grille. The mesh is paper thin so I need someone who knows what they are doing to alloy weld up the one hole where it looks like a bird has been hit or something.

thumbnail_IMG_1818.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_1847 (1).jpg

thumbnail_IMG_1857.jpg

• Like 4

Took me a good hour to blow all the leftover media out from in the crevices of the car. Used the compressed air gun with the booth fan on high!! Was a dust storm but ended up getting pretty much all of it. Blowing out some big boogers already!!

thumbnail_IMG_1924.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_1927.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 months later...