Stuck and stranded in rangiora/kaiapoi/christchurch. Help? :(

Moffmo

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Will do mate! 

Our plans have changed as we've lost a fair bit of time so probably going to Queenstown.  Where abouts are you as will try and make it on the way! 

Think I'm gonna have do a build thread on this van as I seem to be replacing everything on it. 

Replaced the water pump for the taps etc in the van and and now I have water pressure.  Yay!! 

But now the boiler is leaking.  Fml. 

I agree.  Old school is awesome!! 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, h4nd said:

Did you end up spending lotsatime onnit, Pete?

Might have to buy you a full sugar ginger beer.

Nah mate, I came back after tea, got that nasty key out, sharned with everyone else and went home.

Was back to work yesterday and family home last night.

Who did help put it back together? Well done them!

I'll gladly take the credit/Ginger beer in their absence.

• Like 2

I hit up a few professional automotive repair technicians that I knew. They were all away on holiday. Then While drinking a coffee yesterday morning I remembered a self employed bloke who did my warrants 20+ years ago. (Actually a GC) I'd lost his number when my phone got run over. But the phone book said he was still in the same house. So I gave him a buzz to see if he could help. No answer. I figured, bugger, he's probably away on holiday. Then five mins later he called back. (wouldn't have even known it was me, just that my number had called him) He said he was indeed working through. So I got his cell number and passed it onto Matt. Nek minute the 202 lives again!

Pretty stoked that Old mate is back on his merry way again. 

Safe travels Bro.

• Like 3

As it happens bart.  That guy never got back to me! I ended up using a guy called Tom Baker.  Really nice guy.  

Quite a strange situation.  He had a cardiac arrest recently which meant he couldn't drive so when I rang him he wasn't too busy but he said he would help if I picked him and his tools up.  7 hours later we had the gears out and swapped over. Lol.  Took us ages to get them out and hammer new ones in without fucking camshaft up! Then timing cover wouldn't get flush etc.  Fucking pain in the arse! 

No shit.

my guy is a GC, but he always worked too cheap, and wouldn't say no to a customer. So he was always trying to do the work of three people. 

Oh well, fucking beaming your holiday didn't end prematurely. 

plus on the upside you got a taste of local culture that you might have missed if you just stopped to buy gas/get a feed/sleep the night. 

I think you should sign up for OSN.

• Like 2

On 12/31/2016 at 8:55 PM, Moffmo said:

three.  If you can do the work I'll be more than happy to pay for your time. There's limited space though at the front of the engine... 

I can get hold of a Fibre one for sure.  Will try and get alloy

I have your old cam in my garage if you want it back

Hey guys.  Thought I'd just copy a text I just sent Al. 

Hey dude.  Sorry been a busy day haha.  This morning I changed the thermostat over and I actually replaced the radiator cap a few days ago cos it wasn't keeping 14psi.  I also got the ignition timing checked and adjusted.  Still overheating really bad lol.  Have to pull over every 20k or so or hope for a big downhill that I can coast down hahaha.  This is driving at like 60kph at 1.2k revs.  Pretty bad haha. May be a long journey home :P

Its very quick to overheat so yeah its like thermostat was closed or theirs an air lock but I've had the heaters fully open with the cap off on the radiator for a good 10 mins and watched it until all the air bubbles stopped popping.  Any other suggestions.  I do feel like I've done something wrong as it's way quicker to overheat than before (maybe?) 

A lot of shit did come out when Fellixx reversed flushed but I'm suspecting the radiator too. 

I'd say it needs some sort of professional flushing service if that is a thing? 

Went into midas and asked them if they could do it and he was like yeah.  Do it yoursen with a hose pipe.. Cheers mate haha 

Doesn't help that I have no idea what the radiator is from for a replacement..