Carb to EFI fuel tank mod?

XSVWGN

I swear I have seen a thread in the tech section but can't seem to find the info. What I'm wanting to work through is a carby to EFI fuel tank mod. I have a tt132 Toyota corona that originally came with a 3t carby and a 2jzge with individual throttles is about to sit in its place so I'm wanting to mod my fuel tank so I can run an Intank fuel pump.

From memory you use the fuel pump cradle etc from an EFI tank but has someone got the "how to" info on it? I watched a 40 minute YouTube video last night of a guy doing it in his cosmo but I don't need to go that hard out.

Thank you ahead of time for any one and everyone that can help a brother out. 

Matt 

Best thing you can do, if there is an EFI version of your car, have a scout around and find a tank from one of those and swap them over.

I'm sure there's an EFI 3T or whatever from that year?

Saves 10 million headaches and you know the baffles etc are going to be good. 

In other news I suspect it might have been Seedy Al who posted about EFI converting a tank.

Had this issue when I did my 71 Corona Wagon years ago.

It's not hard to sort but you need to be aware of a couple of things before you start.

1, Wagon tank is shallow with a flat bottom so you need to form a small well in the bottom of the tank for the pump to draw from.

2, There are vent lines inside the tank that you need dodge.

3, You need a shallow pump cradle, I used a late 80's Bluebird SSS one but there's heaps out there that will work.

4, Get a flange cut and welded in, don't try to just cut a hole and use self tapping screws. It doesn't work.

5, You need to create a space between the tank and the floor for the lines to go. I used some 20mm furniture box section and extended the tank straps.

6, Forget everything I just said and fit a lift pump with a surge tank and an external EFI pump, in the end it will be a better system and cheaper than getting the existing tank modified.

• Like 1