xssteeb's Fairlady 200ZR

kyteler

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quite a long list from compliance :(

Mostly around rust but also possibly some chassis rail work - they have some dents on underside. The guy who runs the yard (not compliance officer) put the shits up me talking about chassis alignment but he wasnt sure if required. Wont know until the repair certifier says exactly whats needed which will start monday

Not unexpected just had fingers crossed for plain sailing. Just got to get on with it and spend more coin

Chassis alignment isn't that big of a deal.  It gets put on a machine and the pulled in varying spots until it's back within factory spec.

Not sure on costs but yeah, don't stress it, if it does need it it's better to have it straight than being on the piss and potentially causing you all manner of alignment issues, etc.

• Like 3

Repair guy might like he did in my case say nah that is just staining and you only need to fix this one thing. The repair cert man over rules the compliance people so like you said wait untill he has a look. 

Shit monday is fast! It took me a while to find someone to come have a look

On 14/01/2017 at 12:44, xsspeed said:

Quite a long list from compliance :(

Mostly around rust but also possibly some chassis rail work - they have some dents on underside. The guy who runs the yard (not compliance officer) put the shits up me talking about chassis alignment but he wasnt sure if required. Wont know until the repair certifier says exactly whats needed which will start monday

Not unexpected just had fingers crossed for plain sailing. Just got to get on with it and spend more coin

If you have any questions or need clarity around your list of work, feel free to give the contact whose details I supplied a call.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

The reason for not doing it myself was id have only had 20 days to do everything including the repair cert process if id taken it off site, whereas by staying onsite they can take a mich (much much) longer time and i dont have to repay for another compliance inspectiom

• Like 3

1 hour ago, xsspeed said:

The reason for not doing it myself was id have only had 20 days to do everything including the repair cert process if id taken it off site, whereas by staying onsite they can take a mich (much much) longer time and i dont have to repay for another compliance inspectiom

This makes zero sense to me.

Wankers

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

As per project thread it's road legal,  have been going through my emails and text correspondence with compliance place, can't believe it took so long for what, after the panel work, was so little. 

Anywho, made a cameo at auckland burgermeat on wednesday night, looking forward to a drive or few this weekend

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, xsspeed said:

As per project thread it's road legal,  have been going through my emails and text correspondence with compliance place, can't believe it took so long for what, after the panel work, was so little. 

Anywho, made a cameo at auckland burgermeat on wednesday night, looking forward to a drive or few this weekend

L9uNXKy.jpg

Come to Caffeine and Classics on Sunday morning, I'm taking the Skyline.

On 5/2/2017 at 22:05, xsspeed said:

Also wheel bearing was done yesterday arvo so leak from steering rack is the most major thing left. Then some tyres and other guff and we'll be away. Lets hope the rack doesnt take another 2 months to sort

lol it took 7 weeks

• Like 1