Krupkees 1967 Isuzu Bellett

Krupkee

• 2 weeks later...

Got out to the garage today for a few hours, did rear quarter and started on the back. pretty straight so far. not sanding to far back once metals showing as I only have p60 pads and don't want to thin it too much, will get the last bits of old paint off with 120 before priming

no rust holes, several small dings but only minor

MH6SehD.jpg

m4WoMay.jpg

• Like 4

got some more stripping done

de2MC6T.jpg

apiT8Q1.jpg

roof gutters had some kind of sealant put in them during its life and this was holding on the chrome strip, unfortunately couldnt get this off without damaging it so need replacements

DuhzSut.jpg

and all cleaned up

yaplFrj.jpg

back stripped, need to grind/sand back all the welds on the sills/lower body replacements

frqulQ3.jpg

rear boot shut gutters all good

Zdf3Die.jpg

To do:

finish stripping roof, front and rear bits

find new doors, front guards. Need to find cash to buy parts car on trademe for the doors and trims etc

remove interior and then strip door sills, floor new sound deadening, carpet upholstery

• Like 7

update from this weekend. progress is slow, generally a couple of hours a day

finished off the roof and took the doors and guards off
58wHsoP.jpg
H0PTh2R.jpg
rD0GLEa.jpg
jUJZrPo.jpg
bGEFWON.jpg
cap0jlM.jpg

worst bit so far found some hidden treats in the sills, not too bad, steel patchs will just be simple angles so far!
7LzhLjR.jpg
wvhKBhG.jpg

and some random pics
IAvimzG.jpg
Benchy!!
YcXwlPN.jpg
back seat with no rips! just the top piece/material missing

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

been a bit slack posting

removed sound deadening, all gone now, one side just needs cleaning up, will get recent pics this weekend. Some interesting factory patch panels/panel beating too lol

yWY6b0y.jpg

Duringsl3mxdI.jpg

after tbc

cut some rust out for patchs. about 4 holes in total, this is the biggestCpLP7D2.jpg

Cleaned one up and cut a patch from my old mr2 engine bay lid. Tried to weld one of the smaller ones up. did a fair bit of practice on some offcuts. Stitch welded the piece up, cleaned the welds then went to fill in the gaps and kept getting blow-through, getting a die grinder so I can square the holes up nicely and make it easier to clean welds up. Also going to buy some fresh steel rather than use scrap from old mr2 engine bay lid. hope that helps. If anyone has tips they would be appreciated!

Picked up parts car from auckland. mint doors, quite a few bagdes and trim in good nick and almost new carpet! woo. Only parts im after now are front guards, might get a panel shop to fix these ones up when I have a bit of cash. 

reg still live and almost rust free so tempting to use this instead but I will persevere and make this body rust free and might do the parts car up after.

JojeDPI.jpg

First time it saw rain in 20+ years.. bloody summer. Guy I got it from has a mint yellow one with red interior as well.

• Like 7