Daves Scooter thing (The Meth Ped)

Muncie

Another way of adding rake/trail is to put tabs on the front of the fork ends like this:

1515578407492-1404724632.thumb.jpg.42fcc4057b9b31e98bf5e0c71c4265ef.jpg

This would enable your handlebar stem/post to be more upright, giving you more room on the deck to stand.

You can still lower the ride height etc this way.

• Like 1

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That was my first thought but add the brake caliper into the mix it got harder then I could be bothered trying (had no metal to attempt). i lost 50mm of deck then gained it back by shortening the handlebar tube. Swapped in the bmx bars took another 100mm from tube and gained more deck room than before ;) just need to paint it all looking like fruit salad at moment. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Muncie said:

One thing I might need to do is a quieter exhaust at present it's not much to look at but sounds amazing! (Read) loud.

I have tube to do it I just don't want to make it sound terrible.... or like a Honda.

I used a pit bike exhaust like this on the "Mike-trike" and it sounds amazing!

https://m.ebay.com/itm/Pit-Dirt-Bike-110cc-125cc-140cc-Performance-CNC-Exhaust-Pipe-System-Muffler/112543077898?hash=item1a3417160a:g:lt4AAOSw4INZo97Q

Soft quiet idle, then roars like a lion at WOT. I only paid $33 with free delivery from China door to door.

It keeps the obscene noise levels down for neighborly relations :-)

Going to try equal length straight pipes that both will be about 600-800mm long at present the exhaust ends 200mm from the head and both are merged into one. Hopefully more bends will get some Db out of it and look less huckery while freeing up the exhaust side.

Otherwise it'll be Supertrapp time!

Did some engine stuff. Re routed wires etc and covered everything in oven cleaner and scrubbed shit out of everything aluminium.

Convinced my son to polish the rocker covers while i painted the plastic engine cover. Fitted an oil pressure gauge so I can see how healthy the pump is.

uvQfCLT.jpg

ovnx40d.jpg

Frame is getting some extra love and bracing around the front forks.

I'm pretty happy the back end is sorted so will de-dag any old brackets not needed and whole thing will get a few coats of paint..... probably in  metallic purple or green I'm undecided. 

If someone could fold me up a fuel tank? I'd be bloody appreciative.

r5lXPqB.jpg

Jack shaft to wheel appears to have stretched it's chain nothing is bent so wheel must have smacked the ground at full clack when I assed off. She did a big rev as the handlebars did a few spins and ripped all the cables to bits fortunately the factory low oil sensor did it's job and shut it down.

Chains cheap fortunately pity they don't stock the gold stuff anymore haha it's so tacky it's cool.

New front tube out of ovalised tubing off an adults push scooter and I mirrored the existing chassis. Decided to just paint it Matt black as I won't know if it needs any more bracing till I ride it and see how it handles under brakes etc. It's 5" lower too!

• Like 1

40mm lower deck than the stock one. Reckon I'd stand half a chance of not getting pulled over if i went up the road on it again hopefully even better chance of staying on.

Engine sitting back in place forks back together may get the rest back on it tomorrow. Pics once it's going again looks quite different and finished I reckon just needs rego.......

• Like 1

Um thank you?? I'll eventually pull the motor off and put it on something mundane and fit it with maybe a 7-9hp (sensible) engine. But for now it's good practice for my welding and my kids get involved building stuff combines all my spare bits in one mobile machine. Just an exercise in making ridiculous work it has disc brakes etc and is fairly docile really it's limited to 3500rpm anyway.

Will be handy for beach hop car shows etc anywhere I don't feel like walking as it still fits in my wagon with the aid of a ramp.

Has the noise and probably power of a Harley but none of the gang association or theft risk. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, 63Ragtop said:

This thing is so fucking stupid and dangerous, only a complete friggin idiot with a death wish would try to build and ride such a machine, I love it! !!!

So if I give you the keys your going to decline a ride? Might make an appearance at the Auckland meet.

• Like 3

Yeah I know haha @63Ragtop will get it out soon somewhere everyone can have a hoon.

Standing up is way more terrifying than sitting gives you a lot of control, still it makes you not go as balls out as you normally would while still been scary. In my video I thought I was fucken flying.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1