Daves Scooter thing (The Meth Ped)

Muncie

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My mate has a triumph Tigress buried in a factory somewhere I gave up pestering 10 years ago to sell it to me, thanks for reminding me as hes having a hoard purge.

Will see what i can find at swap meets in summer if not.

Been looking for a 10" rim for ages this is the closest thing i could find with right combo of sprocket and disc. Will replace the knobbly with a normal scooter road tyre (once i melt it all over the concrete out back of work)

Hopefully the spokes can handle the torque.

Screenshot_20200702-181439_Trade Me.jpg

• Like 1

Since ive padded out airbox as a seat ive been out on a few hoons, it handles so well i leaned it over so far the other night i bottomed out the rear of the Hardtail, taller rear tyre will move this up about 40 mm and fix the proportions, bloody keen to get it on a go kart track.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Muncie said:

My mate has a triumph Tigress buried in a factory somewhere I gave up pestering 10 years ago to sell it to me, thanks for reminding me as hes having a hoard purge.

Will see what i can find at swap meets in summer if not.

If you got a body shell like that, then you'd be a wolf in sheep's clothing. It would certainly help keep unwanted attention from you...

Got my 10" wheel..... its pretty skinny i guess i can throw a wider rim on it at a later date but for now will just get it on and use it.

I need to address noise i don't really ride it much in built up areas but even when i trailer it to the middle of nowhere i either get thumbs up or sworn at. Ive always loved the oldschool as Supertrapp mufflers or even the Harris style mufflers from the 90s but im not spending $700 on either. Will probably be one of these Aliexpress knock offs if anyone has used one are they shit?

Screenshot_20200708-132143_AliExpress.jpg

• 1 month later...

Had some time time to mock this up today with the 10" wheel,  stoked looks mint clears everything the chain even lines up perfectly. 

Will slide the engine forward a bit for some extra space around the oil filter but other than that that will only need to lop off the old fuel tank standoffs and weld on some slotted tabs to mount axle. 

Now on hunt for some bodywork to drape over it to hide the engine and make it look like a slammed vespa.

Thinking of adding some wide low bars to lower the profile further to around hip height.

IMG_28082020_083848_(1080_x_1080_pixel).jpg

IMG_28082020_083902_(1080_x_1080_pixel).jpg

Just happened to realize the handle bars on the quad were same tube size and 50mm lower little bit narrower which in hindsight suit it more.

Will see how it rides as at low speed it takes a bit of manhanding mind you it doesn't do slow well with a centrifugal clutch so shouldn't be much of an issue.

I also stripped out old cable rear brakes as i'll be going hydraulic now, found a nice piece of AN4 hose for a brake line so will see if i can get banjo to straight fitting adapters.

IMG_28082020_145149_(1080_x_1080_pixel).jpg

17 minutes ago, Truenotch said:

Hey @Muncie, I see you’ve found a wheel now, but I have another option if you want it? 

It’s a fatty rear end from a mini chopper. The tyre is a 130-60-10. 

The whole frame is yours if you want it (both parts, unless @Kimjon wants the front end for a drift trike). 

C5A5D5B8-2B65-499B-8C17-75A057809392.thumb.jpeg.3bf5e17231a330e83d2c8a4dc230713e.jpeg

B14E5C44-BEAE-4664-AA72-94801611BA8C.thumb.jpeg.6f67a75bea16519b78ac1f87dc55654b.jpeg

46C3C07B-1600-4D16-BF6E-029BE785562C.thumb.jpeg.9b2561dc8b7d9833743b4a4f31fdd59d.jpeg

Fuck yes im keen!

• Like 2

So lots cutting welding ensued for 2 hours today it now looks so much better and even moved under its own power....... the gearing is about 200% too tall though will swap old sprocket back over should vastly improve it.

Test ride not possible though as the valve stem is dry rotted no drama will get new one stuck in this week.

I also cant upload images for some reason Instagram it is.

• Like 4

basically lopped a big chunk off Truenotch's mini chopper and grafted it in to my back end.

Will be slightly higher with air in tyre then before  which will actually be great, this tyre is also not going to shit itself or the rim explode when giving it berries.

• Like 1