Daves Scooter thing (The Meth Ped)

Muncie

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No stress mate, if you need them use em. Otherwise your tanks here when you need it.

I've got some pocket bike tyres here that are probably better quality than the ones you got. Welcome to search through my shit here and see if you can find anything that's of use?

Cheers ive found the pocket bike tyres are really a shit fit to the rim one i fitted had 5mm of slop on the bead so wouldn't even inflate. 

My current one is a snug fit with a tube and i used an adhesive similar to loctite to stop the rim spinning in the wheel, its a bit of a fuck around but finally takes the abuse im riding it 10ks at least every day at moment. 

I really want to bung an axle under it and make it a trike with some suspension.

• Like 2

What do you do when you need a big fuel tank but your surrounded by fire extinguishers......

Shortened and rewelded needs a tidy up and some caps and a AN-4 bung put in it an a few tabs to mount it. My fuel pump shit itself on Friday so will maybe relocate new one up front with the tank to free up some real estate for a bigger wheel and new exhaust pipes ive got sitting in a box.

1574569065300466367354736309904.jpg

• Like 1

On 24/11/2019 at 17:45, Muncie said:

What do you do when you need a big fuel tank but your surrounded by fire extinguishers......

Shortened and rewelded needs a tidy up and some caps and a AN-4 bung put in it an a few tabs to mount it. My fuel pump shit itself on Friday so will maybe relocate new one up front with the tank to free up some real estate for a bigger wheel and new exhaust pipes ive got sitting in a box.

1574569065300466367354736309904.jpg

I've got a fuel pump you can have, probably what's already on yours. It uses case pressure to pump the diaphragm. Same as this:

https://m.banggood.com/Pulse-Vacuum-Fuel-Pump-For-Mikuni-Honda-Odyssey-Arctic-Go-Kart-Single-Outlet-DF44-211-p-1141375.html?gmcCountry=NZ&currency=NZD&cur_warehouse=CN&createTmp=1&utm_source=googleshopping&utm_medium=cpc_union&utm_content=zouzou&utm_campaign=ssc-nz-all-july&ad_id=353641305054&gclid=Cj0KCQiAiZPvBRDZARIsAORkq7dP97LhoWye8IAC54-Ao0urHF-qILmYfs21fodCZzZyYjZVnwGdaIMaAn7KEALw_wcB

I brought 2, but only used one on Naomi's drift trike so I could mount the tank below the carburetor. Just put a T in the feed line so excess fuel can find it's way back to the tank.

Here if you want it...

• Like 1

@Kimjon Cheers will see how i go im running an electric pump to keep the SU carb happy at moment, it runs a battery and charging system.

My sons mobility scooter could use one though its always running out of gas.

Probably going to be Christmas break before i get out of house though 

• Like 1

Im tempted to buy a tube bender and start again to be honest as this works bloody well now but has its limitations being stand up and hard tail yet i dont want to cut it up.

Ive got a pair of 205 50 13 Eagers stashed in roof for a rainy day. I'd like to build a trike with a sport bike front end on it to get it nice and low with some rake added. One of these engines would happily drag a good size car at highway speeds so i reckon a trike would be pretty rapid.

Even something like this floats my boat.... i might consider a bit more chopping to convert to that.

images (43).jpeg

• 3 months later...

Heads all stripped down stoked to find inlet is factory CNC ported (fuck yes) exhaust is a bit shit though,  I'll tidy that up do a valve grind and put back together.

Found the valve seats clearly weren't sealing well obviously has been left sitting for years and got some surface rust.

15852520236616132598401782935025.jpg

• Like 3

Boom it runs! Took all the sharp edges out of inlet as well but overall these heads were mint! 

Lapping in valves took some work but did eventually come up really good.

Started first pop normally takes some cranking.

The part thats been attacked with the angry end was a hard edge that extended out really choking the exhaust. Once i had that opened up and smoothed out the rest of the port was actually pretty good, i opened up the port at the flange to match the exhaust and called it done. 

FB_IMG_1585260354876.jpg

FB_IMG_1585260360702.jpg

FB_IMG_1585260363778.jpg

FB_IMG_1585260372751.jpg

FB_IMG_1585260378598.jpg

FB_IMG_1585260415188.jpg

• Like 4

As a bonus bores look mint and have no lip no slop in pistons. 

Certainly sounds way happier really thumpy out the exhaust and snappy on the throttle.

Still think it could benefit from electronic ignition as the rear cylinder seems to die off at a low idle it comes in and out probably a slightly sad coil. For now I'll just run a higher idle.

Any geniuses know how i can make a coil on plug conversion?

Did the valve lash adjustment set gaps on plugs got it all spot on. They were tight infact probably holding valves open slightly on rear cylinder,

As expected its spot on now absolutely sings crisp and happy, i mowed the lawn with it today in lieu of a blat up road. 

I really want to throw a grumpy cam in it.....

20200330_125236.jpg

• Like 3

Did pointless shit this morning..... got up at 5am so i don't end up sleep fucked when i start my new job on 14th.

Hopefully can use this as lunch bar transport.

Headlights for no real reason other than i had soldering iron plugged in and got carried away.

Oh and fixed the dodgy deck that sat jacked up for ages after i welded bracket in wrong place a year ago.

If i bung indicators and a tail light on and sneeze a bit im sure i can get this registered.

received_4311676608849794.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Discovered as much fun  as standing up is when the front wheel comes up you want to sit your ass down real fast, 

Only problem is you had a choice of the SU carby or the exhaust to sit on so i started scratching my head and remembered i still have factory airbox.

Typical honda its so over engineered you can drop a bomb on it........ or a 90kg human.

TLDR ?

I threw the guts out few nips with grinder and it now fits and doesn't interfere with the carbs return springs, surprisingly makes a good seat.

Will add some foam and a vinyl cover job done 

20200407_122809.jpg

• Like 3