Daves Scooter thing (The Meth Ped)

Muncie

Test ride complete fuck its different has that slight low speed wander of anything with some rake but is sweet by around 7-10 kph. Brakes hydraulic fucking brakes what a magic invention!

I underestimated my weight on the front suspension turns out im not as fat as i thought i was sits about 10mm higher than i was expecting which is fine. The sketchyness moving off is gone now power comes on forks rise then settle as you would expect really happy.

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Moved those goofy bloody headlights to 2 random 6mm tapped holes in forks looks way less dorky. If you squint and cock your head sideways it could pass as factory built. 

No longer has go ped proportions anymore its definitely more of a moped on steroids.

15468435202632184529272418685495.jpg

• Like 5

Just pissing around with the E85 tune today..... fark it smells lovely shes now getting a frost on the inlet manifold. Its COLD!! ticking over so nicely have gone to 10w-40 in dash pot as the plunger was just jumping around and generally sounding like rod knock.

Quick vid of dew on manifold at idle.

Welded some gussets in at base of forks and frame it pulls up hard now on the brakes so wanted to just make sure it doesn't crack up or let go. Only tube i could get to slip into the moped down tube was 4mm wall steam pipe so better safe than sorry with the difference in wall thickness i turned the amps up and stuck these in for good!

20190111_143532.jpg

Duluxe Rebuild on starter too while i had can out spritzing this morning's welding efforts. 

E85 is getting through the float chamber gasket a little bit..... guess i better find a new one of those in the near term other than that its a happy beast and lush to cruise on now.

20190111_143620.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Ive also mucked around with the tyre pressures and it rides so much better now feels normal smoooth and strangely safe and boring possibly also helped by the extra gussets and near zero flex in chassis.....  you give it berrys it quickly gets terrifying and exciting though the brakes then sort that out! Stopping power is more than ample now for the engine.

• Like 1

My new favourite angle.

Got the idea for the SU carb off a Arlen Ness Harley chopper i saw as a kid at a show it looked mental.

Next plan is to get a CVT for it they arent cheap but will give me more top end without the need for revving its tits off i might need one off a snow mobile ive been told by the guru's who build these engines in the states.

Then tech inspect it possibly i enquired with the powers that be and was told its possible but it needed far better brakes, think ive got that done now.

15480201638327057598145942666748.jpg

Been running the e85 for a few weeks now shes a fair bit thirstier with the big carb too however its mostly in tune. 

At extended doort it was running the float chamber dry due to fuel pump not having enough flow to it. 

Enter dual tanks......

Fuck this thing flys!!!

15484671008307587345198225085469.jpg

• Like 4

Checked the bolts on the engine and jack shaft today....  engine 3 out of 4 loose 1 missing eek replaced with high tensile ones. 

Jackshaft the same all loose but present at least, so replaced and stuck spring washers on the lot.

Attempted burnout it coughed cleared and instantly filled the garage with thick smoke awesome! suspension helps the front bite instead of sliding alot.

• Like 3

Fuck man, I saw a pic of that meremere dude and he looked like he was having the time of his life. Motorbikes are cash as, as is. The way that dude went out. If I went out at 270kph I wouldn’t be disappointed. Live life like each day like it could be your last, and have a good time

It was a shit week for people on bikes last weekend. The guy i knew was my new boss I'd worked with him thru my last job he seemed to enjoy his job more than i was enjoying mine and helped me jump ship.

He had just finished an awesome day off watching some racing heading home the long way no doubt he also went out having a ball on his new bike!

If can sell this it will fund something new, projects i sell go in a pot for more new projects i might put a smaller motor on this and use the v-twin on something else.