Daves Scooter thing (The Meth Ped)

Muncie

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Got a spare carby if ya need one?

This SU better like E85! Hopefully this also explains why i chucked such a big fuel pump on it from the beginning.

9 hours ago, tortron said:

50hp! Morris minor conversion

• 4 weeks later...

This excites me.

10mm thick turbo and manifold flanges the one shaped like T is a weird adapter as the oil feed and drain are next to each other. 

Still need to drill the mounting holes as these were traced onto A4 scanned and emailed because i was away for work so measurements are close but not perfect. im not too worried about as i still need to attack the heads with a die grinder and will finish them up with a file.

15326335057237397559168726755467.jpg

Did some work on the compressor housing today, chopped off everything not needed ported everything up to the turbine (left the actual inlet alone as i dont want to mess up any clearances? The SU carby lines up real nice too.

15328203865743496579213307158835.jpg

The manifolds going to need to feed from the top but i cant see it been to much of an issue it should be ok, whole shebangs gonna be slung over back wheel as the extra weight side mounted would have been a bit much though would look mental. 

The fuel pump has to move under the deck with the battery as thats the best place i can think of fuel tank will also need rehoming.

• 3 weeks later...

Have had to turn out the flanges I had cut for the heads as there is ample meat left in the ports I've decided to open the heads up to gx690 spec from gx610 to help it breath better down the track.

Exhaust ports will be going out to around 30mm and tidied up the inlets I'll go to town on too no water galleries to hit.... what can go wrong right?

1534388211148441069607.jpg

Slightly side tracked scored a Robin 5hp motor this week and another dead electric scooter a few months back so pretty sure ill bang the 2 together. Just need a wheel a sprocket and to reuse some old stuff from the first 2.5hp version to get the kids able to charge around with me.

20180819_180306.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Amazingly this thing has been rock solid lately and ridden heaps with nothing falling off or breaking.

So ive given it some routine maintenance with a new chain and tweaked the back wheel mounts so i can slide the wheel back an extra 15mm, an oversight when i built it left the rear wheel a bees dick of clearance from a brace the runs behind the engine it used to grab stones and jam them into the brace shredding the tyres.

Im trying to sort some better brakes too as it stops but not amazingly the rear does sod all and the front are a bit overworked so will see how these go. Could go twin up front but will need to go proper hydraulic to get back working well as the cables stretch to much.

Screenshot_20181029-141824_AliExpress.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hmm looking very very promising this is on a front rim which is very snug. So will adapt this to the back first which needs to get on with pulling its weight a bit better in the braking stakes, the rim is far wider out back so more room for the caliper ideally will run twin discs on the front.

Plan is a big spacer to pick up the discs 6 holes and bolt through to the original 3 holes on the rim. Probably go 5-10mm thick so i can tap into it for the cap screws.

15428695850071477473831478387213.jpg

Have this at work in Hamilton now as my lunch bar runner hasn't missed a beat in a fortnight  so far. 1.5l of petrol doesn't last long though its flat out at 50. It can go faster but i doubt it would live long over 5000rpm  needs a cog swap to give it some legs but will likely kill the clutch as it is only a 9hp rated one.

• Like 1

I need to rethink the front of this thing starting to feel sketchy again fork bearings are suffering a bit.

If anyone has some pit bike forks and a frame i could chop up id be keen.

Tightened bearings up and took it for a blat around an empty subdivision today.

FB_IMG_1543449843787.jpg

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

Attempts at a brake upgrade this morning failed miserably due China spec machining and brake disc screws that all snapped off. Attempted many methods of extraction all failed they must of had some motherfucker of a locktite concoction on them.

Ordered a new bare wheel with a treaded tyre fitted so was worth a try....... might slap this back on and blow the tyre off the rim for shits and giggles!

15459419074824194566027561382088.jpg

• Sad 1

In other news i bought some more bits as i want to make this thing a bit more plush to ride will be lopping off my homemade front end and attaching a full stepthru scooter front end. Its going to get longer yet again but brakes suspension and room to stand without a cylinder head against ya leg will be worth it.

Screenshot_20181228-100210_Facebook.jpg