Daves Scooter thing (The Meth Ped)

Muncie

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Something I'm stoked to discover with this engine was it was supposed to be stuffed and Smokey. Turns out it was just way overfilled with oil the shit was spitting out the breathers was all thru the fuel pump and spewing out the dipstick. 

I drained almost 4 litres out :0 can say it's a happy beast again with a new filter and fresh synthetic w10-40 i had left over from my holdens last few oil changes, barely anything out the crankcase breather now nothing at all from the exhaust.

Yup. mine's a gx610 so 615cc go figure. The rods in them are Huge and low compression ratio to run on shit American fuel so boost is an option I might look at later in a different frame.

A supercharger could be done easily off the old pull start hub, or I have a turbo off a Touareg v6 that may work as it has a pressurized oil system.

It's got at least as much pull as my old Triumph Bonneville Chopper even though its geared pretty tall.

• Like 1

Paint fit stand back and think fuck this thing is as high as a giraffes head.

Job for another day will chop it up again and extend the head tube.

Test ride was successful pity I smashed the fuel tank on a speed bump though. Brakes work mint refurbished some rears that kimjon gave me I'll fit them when the new cables arrive. 

The whole thing looks way more in scale now but the new front wheel added 3 inches to the height I'd say..... won't hit speed bumps at least.

20180105_124713.jpg

• Like 5