Daves Scooter thing (The Meth Ped)

Muncie

Bought my kids these 24v Electric scooters from kmart last year they go ok but battery life is average. So i biffed 2 milwaukee m18 drill batterys in one no smoke came out and made hoon time around an hour and a Cringe worthy 55-60 km/h top speed (Limited with a grub screw back to a sensible yet fun speed for the kiddies)

e7uXIPu.jpg

U0HODp4.jpg

In short the white one had a chain drive arrangement the other are Gilly belt drive when the white Finally cooked its motor i started looking for a bigger watt leccy motor for it which are reasonably Priced Batterys ARE NOT so i cast my eye to my new waterblaster in the garage..........

The Dummy Up

YzdvB5K.jpg

So after this i wasnt happy with the solid plastic rear wheel so hit trademe up for an alternative and found a cast alloy centred one that came with a solid rubber tyre its also got a neet little drum brake

gcAaCq2.jpg

Got Stuck in today made up the engine mount plate i opted to sit the engine over the rear wheel to give a bit more deck room (i future proofed it here and predrilled the plate for a 7hp motor as well)

eMM4ZXa.jpg

Which Leaves me here i need a jack shaft to make it all work 

Tj5rSHM.jpg

Y4xTq5B.jpg

Opinions and hookups for stuff would be appreciated im hoping to get it all running for christmas holiday hooning should be pretty well balanced and 87cc 4 stroke should be plenty to haul my ass around to the dairy etc. it runs a tiny sprocket and chain on the rear wheel im hoping i can use it but may need to swap it out for something bigger bearing in mind the wheel is only 6.5".

• Like 7

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive GPS speedo'd it at 58ks on 36 volts, at 72 volts it took a rolling start downhill to not vapourise the brushes was sketchy but not bum puckering. No idea where the gearing will end up with this motor combo more keen on it being able to cruise up hills and buzz around on instead of killing myself.

I love that you pulled a good expensive tool to pieces to make this. :-D

God this will be scary and so much better being a quieter 4 stroke (sorry everyone...fighting the flow as usual)

To be fair the water blaster was a lemon pump is to big for this motor so it was a bitch to start and stalled if you let go of the trigger to fast, i also scorched the hose second time i used it. Cost less for the whole thing than a motor on its own so win win really.

Centrifugal clutch to jackshaft is standard go-kart 420 stuff jackshaft to rear wheel is 25h its bloody tiny found a place that does it stormparts.co.nz well hopefully it the right stuff. 4 links per inch. Theoretical top speed should be 65ish kph if i leave the governor in place and the sprockets im ordering.

All bits ordered most are here so ive set everything up added extra bracing and brackets and redone some of the factory welds, fully stripped it got my kids to sand it and of course painted it satin black looks like a bought one. 

LQI3HpR.jpg

Jack shaft bearings throttle cable clutch and chain are all im waiting on now 

Also added a bigger rear sprocket as 1-1 final drive would of been a bit useless.

• Like 2

I have a driveline Cheers Storm Parts. Except for the Fucking bearings i ordered thursday last week (Saeco) Thumbs down....

X4F0xtO.jpg

And it all needs to fit in this tiny area here. Can see what i mean by 25h chain been dinky? hand made 420 chain to 25h Adapter sprocket.

rbDntFC.jpg

Ive got the 420 chain from the clutch running 1-1 on the jackshaft that way i can add a bigger sprocket easily to change the final drive as its a common size and commonly available 25h is hens teeth hopefully it is strong enough a 420 sprocket to fit my wheel was not easily doable.

Maiden voyage 1 2 3 completed 1&2 threw chain both times after a few tweaks 3rd time was a charm hums along at 30ks 1/3 throttle cant give it much more throttle cable needs adjustment. The brakes work surprisingly well clocked up 5 ks on it. Pretty happy goes hard 4 what is.