Daves Scooter thing (The Meth Ped)

Muncie

This is a busy little spot chain cogs shafts and brake all stuffed in there little battery so i can ride it at night (need a light) so people cant see how ridiculous i look at speed. 

rEZ79BUh.jpg

Signs of life...... Awful smelling tyre it certainly spins fast enough

0Qd8zIuh.jpg

• Like 1

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Will get something up soon waiting on a back ordered throttle cable all the test runs have been by banging the throttle onto rabbit and holding on flicking the kill switch if it gets to hairy. Once ive got the cable will gut the governor too its bloody intrusive.

Got run off road today by grumpy old prick in a 4wd lunched chain and cracked a wheel. Took it too a car park out by puketirini lake here in Huntly to avoid upsetting anyone mission failed there FFS.

Hopefully can get a new wheel or im breaking welder out again to adapt something else.

Seeing as ive turned my back rim into this square shaped thing 

HXGS9CJh.jpg

I've cracked into some other things i needed,  like getting more power and more RPM'S 

Ello governor your services will no longer be required while i had the muffler off to access that bastard device

i noticed how shit the exhaust port is........ 30 minutes with a file it should flow way better now.

Which of course led me looking in here

fYgrEDch.jpg

Rocker Arms have ass loads of gap so have closed those up hopefully giving me a bit more lift it runs good and is way more snappy on the blip of the throttle now however i'm contemplating whipping the head off

and porting the fuck out of it as there is plenty of meat able to be removed and maybe shave the head a bit for more compression. Then an exhaust that doesn't choke it to death would surely help. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

After several attempts to make the smaller chain work i just couldn't get it to stay on the sprockets,

so after some head scratching how i could get a sprocket in 420 chain small enough to fit i ordered a 17 tooth front sprocket from a random dirt bike off trademe. 

After killing 3 or so drill bits it got 4 holes in it and bolted on it now works and doesnt throw chains.

The carb however has decided to jam at 3/4 throttle and again at idle. Anyone know if a trademe universal 2 stroke carb might work?

• 5 months later...

So been a while has it been put in corner of the shed and forgotten about?

Hell no its become reliable transport it folds up and fits in my boot nicely ive ridden usually 2 up bloody everywhere. Im thinking of building more in fact.

Oh and my son has discovered burnouts much to the neighborhoods disgust.

1499560675230669800776.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

stripped all the covers off this weekend and gave the thing a good clean has definitely been looked after brand new carb and air filter inside.

Previous owner thought it had low compression as it was hard to start and struggled to stay running, threw 12 volts at it turned key with a puff of engine start away it went.... and then died without picking up any fuel. Fuel pump is shot sucks up just enough to make it run not enough to do anything useful but it definitely sounds sweet with no muffler. It also has a proper oil system so a turbo would actually work on it being 610cc it would spool up a small one too.

Right i need a frame.......

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Time for the big block conversion......

The 2.5 hp motor had become so temperamental recently It had to go as well as the electric scooter wheels which cant handle rough surfaces at all. 

I've got some pocket bike wheels for it now which will give me disc brakes too (much needed) going for a Cvt on this instead of the centrifugal clutch. 

15104327857892049491896.jpg

• Like 1