Daves Scooter thing (The Meth Ped)

Muncie

It's surprising how well it rides actually lazy as if you want. Give it a hand full though fuck it goes so much so if you look at the front wheel it almost stops spinning. Roll on the gas though it's a hoot! Where to ride it though is a problem.

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish I had built something like this 15 years ago. It wasn't actually that expensive to put together and got my skills back to surface again and has been a pretty healthy distraction.

If you lose heart in a car project build something like this for the satisfaction of finishing something. Motivating as.

• Like 3

Not yet it chugs along at 60 quite happily though. Need to gut the governer and fit new carbs and valve springs to get it really going hard. At moment I'm just happy to ride it and lowering front down again is my next priority.

20 minutes ago, igor said:

Bit of iodine spray on those grazes and you'll be right as rain. It will only sting a lot.

Mrs is a nurse so yup I've been drenched in it. Evidently there's a 30cm graze across my lower back I didn't notice.

Glad I went full safety gear overkill and that won't be changing.

1515304064600206023752.jpg

• Thanks 1

So as an added bonus I've taken about 120mm of height out of the front it's at 100mm at moment reckon I could take a bit more out. There will be more bracing back to the front tube to stiffen it all up and stop any twisting. The cause of my crash was the lock nut backed itself off on the forks allowing it to start the wobbles. Not helped by the lofty ride height.

I intended this thing to be a bit of a skid toy so hopefully dropping it back down and adding wider handle bars will make it a bit easier to Chuck around. Will finalise the rake on the front weld it back up and hopefully not fall off it again. At least if I do it won't be as far to fall.

D0KIGRy.jpg

• Like 2