Daves Scooter thing (The Meth Ped)

Muncie

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

True that.. I built this thing out of sheer boredom and literally stuff laying around my garage while Sitting on an office chair or laying on the floor when i was off on ACC recovering from a blown disc in my back hence it kind of evolved over time with no firm end product in mind. Skid on treadplate getting out of a van = 6 months off and surgery fall off the Death Ped few grazes and not even a day off work. It's practically safe.

Proof it actually hit the road this weekend. 

Clutch slips and it eats wheel bearings will worry about that soon guess second hand parts will be in various states of disrepair will try the wheel kimjon gave me seems a bit tidier.

Still fun all the nasty handling has gone.

20180127_131627.jpg

• Like 2

So despite having a sprocket on rear wheel bigger then the rim it's geared to the moon due to the engine having such a huge output shaft my clutch has 16 teeth. I knew this but have been trying to recycle parts I already had looks like I'll be remaking the Jack shaft. Had er up to 80 kph today  without getting anywhere near the governer way to fast really even though it's stable now.

• Like 2

Trying a beefier set of bearings in the rear wheel today...... FFS the wheel is a bit of cunt to get off and on hopefully cures the problem or I'm into saeco for a headscratch session or some other conversion. Hopefully last one died due to lack of lubrication when it dropped it's balls out they seemed a bit dry so plenty of grease packed in new bearings.

Took it off road today on a school field it does it but gets it's bounce on. Took my 6 year old nephew for several laps of his school on it then his mum jumped on and went for a hoon. It Didnt break  ran perfect then i found an ideal muffler in the gutter on a 5k hoon around karaka. Then rememered this old thing 17 tooth will be perfect! Should get it up on the governer.

1517114233572980989612.jpg

Naturally when your clutch needs gearing up you get straight in to........ look at the I exhaust made :)

much quieter yet sounds even more like a Harley way deeper yet still pops and spits flames.

Had plans for swoopy equal length pipe arrangement run out of bends so 2-1-2 it is.

I did start it up with twin pipes sounded like shit this is much nicer sounding then twin and also than the old straight pipe.

15171756978281337297457.jpg

• Like 2

Finally got around to pulling the Jack shaft out and putting on the 17 tooth sprocket went on piss easy really.

Video because new exhaust sounds nice.

Can now spin the back wheel pretty bloody effortlessly unfortunately it comes on the governer at about 60ks only way to fix that will be to put the flatslide mikuni's on, even bypassing the governer it just can't pull any more air in thru the tiny carb. 

Regardless i chucked a helmet on and did some laps of Huntly,  also did my first little wheelie and a stationery cooling system test and put a big groove in the back tyre.

Needs a tow bar for tip runs.

• Like 1

Quick Google maps fuel calculations I'm getting 4ks per litre I'm guessing 75% of that will be splashing all over the back of my shoes as my fuel tank (old 1l oil pack) has a cracked lid.

No way will I be attending a scooter run anytime soon it does mean grass donuts though!

Burnt through a tank of petrol just doing those today managed to do a full lawn length tip in without coming off or ripping my shorts.

Since I did the exhaust the front pipe has burnt all it's paint off the back has not so I yanked a lead today..... fuck me it's been running one cylinder this whole time ! 

The boot had been arcing out so wee dodgy plug lead mod and holy shit it's unrideable it just wheel stands or wheel spins and sounds insane. Can do proper stand up donuts now.

15184939965641721403739.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

I need a more progressive throttle it's still clearing it's throat a bit so was taking it gingerly sputtering along it cleared and the front wheel came right off the ground about a foot I near shit myself.

Took it out on wet tarseal after letting it idle till it was definitely running on 2 if you lean over the bars and get on the front brakes figure 8s are hilarious. So bloody loud! I've torn up the front lawn as well in case I fell off I'd rather land on grass.