Daves Scooter thing (The Meth Ped)

Muncie

Yeah nah not this time i can't pop the tyre over the rim due to pocket bike wheels been made from some sort of aged cheese if i can find a split rim it will work

The hub girdle thing will absolutely work too unfortunately the above chedder grade rim cracked trying to fit the pocket  bike tyre to it so ive got another complete wheel on the way.......  because i cant be fucked fitting tyres they really are a cunt to get on without damaging them or the rim.

20190824_133132.jpg

15666104695036755734198854945754.jpg

• Like 1

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Back to the turbo...... everything is sorted for this i thought bar the manifold until i tried actuating the wastegate/vane thing it needs a vacuum signal not pressure. Got me a bit stumped maybe drilling a second port on the other side of the can will make it work.

Anyone got an electronic boost controller floating around the shed? Just realized i will need one.

20190826_053643.jpg

• Like 1

Is that an older variable vane turbo from a diesel vehicle? I’m pretty sure they don’t use VV turbos on petrol vehicles normally because the combustion temps are too high and kill the vanes really quickly. 

It would suck to go through the hassle of adding an electronic boost controller and then have the turbo die quickly after... 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, a.craw4d said:

Could you remove the wastegate and set it up with some threaded rod or a bolt that you adjust manually?

Might be the easiest thing to do then add an external wastegate at least then if the vanes seize...... no matter. Will see if adding a vacuum port to the actuator will work first be cool if i can get the variable vane set up to work.

Received replacement wheel last night fitted the new hub brace bolted it it all together then proceeded to spin the rim inside the tyre just trying to crawl away from a stop. 

Fuck sake..... rim survived fine but new tyre is garbage it looked cheap and poorly made might be time to give up on the pocket bike wheel combo. 

Have found a 10" pit bike wheel that would go in the gap as a bonus has correct sprocket out of box. Its $ though and i am severely keen to fit it to a go kart or something else really soon.

• Like 1

Thats the exact brake setup and rear wheel ive got my eye on. (Actually on my watch list)

Ive come up with 3 options

1 fit the 10" pit bike wheel hope it works

2 fit the pit bike wheel shunt the engine forward and fit a seat.

3 fit another pocket bike wheel swap the engines from this and my sons mobility scooter and do huge skids on that.

I have a 4th option of a golf cart im working real hard to get my hands on.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

So currently this is at work in storage while i sort the stuff that keeps breaking and work out of town. Anyway did some more turbo stuff, 

So i took a punt thinking surely if i move the spring from one side of the diaphragm in the actuator to the other side it will move under pressure instead of vacuum. Sure enough it does but now how the hell do i seal it?? Im thinking of using 2.5" triclover flanges to remake the can so i can crack it open to change springs easily as this one might not be quite right now its getting a different signal.

20190909_190348.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Its alive..... been sitting at back of a shipping container at work waiting for my attention to fix the busted wheel.

Turbo tubing has arrived. When i get some time will start on the manifold aircraft dude at work is porting heads for me.

20191101_104700.jpg

• Like 3

Will be welding the 2-1 collector on the turbo flange this weekend needs to be done with mig as our tig at work where I'll do the pipes is a bit better suited to light stuff. 

Going to be doing tuned length if possible like whats on there now but in stainless its 1" into 1 1/2" tube to keep the velocity of gases up right up till they smash into the turbine.

Should be fun.

• Like 3

Well thats the down pipe fizzed together guess i need to man up and get on to rest of pipes when possible at work.

Got some cleaning up to do on this internal weld but thats this part finished turbo is all ready to be plugged in made the oil lines ages ago.

15726367247756479873556965330579.jpg

The wheel hub brace works a treat i have absolutely torture tested this thing the last 2 weeks! 

Probably clocked up 70-100 ks on it now on gravel and grass fitting a bigger fuel tank and will keep riding. 

Have changed throw on throttle as it was very on or off now is heaps better.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

That ring that slips over hub has done wonders holding it all together i did a massive burnout on it yesterday nothing is showing any signs of duress.

9 hours ago, SOHC said:

I want a twin for my stretch bike, I am amazed your rear wheel hub lasted at all

Saw one last night on a concrete saw sitting embedded in a traffic island just out of huntly must of jumped off a trailer.

• Like 2