Daves Scooter thing (The Meth Ped)

Muncie

Got sick of staring at the exhaust and kicked myself in the ass for been lazy  when I first built it. Both pipes now enter the muffler straight I also linished off the welds and pulled the front pipe 50mm closer in after burning my jeans.

Minute power gain possibly as i spent about 4 hours making sure every pipe matched up nicely and no gases blowing into restrictions. Thats Saturday gone..... if its not making 20hp now I'd be surprised I'm also sure if I took it to a Dyno people would keel over with laughter.

20180317_150707.jpg

• Like 4

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Shitty neighbors few houses up partied till 4 am last night....  ruined their sleep in this morning with donuts on my back lawn around 8am then ripping past their house got middle finger from the guy behind me once he figured out what I was up to I got the thumbs up.

Fuck think I may have stretched my chain doing it though. Need to rethink my chain tensioner to cope with engine braking.

Screenshot_20180318-184017.jpg

• Like 1

I did muck around with the front brakes today turns out the mount bracket was bent so the pads were missing part of the rotor and had worn a bit weird. Straightened bracket machined pads with my sander and slapped it all back together yay the grinding sound from my Go-pro vid is mostly gone.

There's a guy in my street who owns a noisy as fuck Harley the ghastly stretched American tv style. while I was cleaning my car the other morning watched him try and fail to start it for around 10 minutes the peak of this was him trying to crash start it and it fucking off up the street without him while he watched from the ground having tripped trying to jump on it.

He saved it just before it hit my neighbors car but it died again outside my house cue Death-ped and jumper leads and a sheepish Harley owner getting told he needs a earth lead on his engine because he's frying his clutch cable.

SMUGFACE.JPEG

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

So back wheel detonation finally occurred. Took ages but hard against a wall at peak rpm is a great way to diagnose a weak link, sorry no video.... just broken parts wasn't spectacular either it just stopped rather quickly. May have pulled a rather decent wheelie before trying to smoke er up before putting it away.

15248940081122140479999241230814.jpg

1524894134655158158560836053831.jpg

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Muncie said:

So back wheel detonation finally occurred. Took ages but hard against a wall at peak rpm is a great way to diagnose a weak link, sorry no video.... just broken parts wasn't spectacular either it just stopped rather quickly. May have pulled a rather decent wheelie before trying to smoke er up before putting it away.

15248940081122140479999241230814.jpg

1524894134655158158560836053831.jpg

I've got more of those wheels if you want them?

Wont say no. Have 1 rear wheel left which I'll see if I can get beefed up somehow im surprised how long it survived it had it's fair share of abuse.

46 minutes ago, Kimjon said:

I've got more of those wheels if you want them?

3 hours ago, Muncie said:

Wont say no. Have 1 rear wheel left which I'll see if I can get beefed up somehow im surprised how long it survived it had it's fair share of abuse.

Sweet as. Got a couple here, all yours. Pm me and I can sort out delivery, or meet in Hamilton? 

47 minutes ago, Kimjon said:

Sweet as. Got a couple here, all yours. Pm me and I can sort out delivery, or meet in Hamilton? 

Can catch up in Hamilton not this week but the following. Supposed to be working (much to my disgust) in Auckland all of this week.

• Like 1

So fixed it up with a new wheel...... and have had a random offer by some guy who lives on Waiheke wanting to buy it for a solid sum of money. Undecided I would love to build one with suspension will see how it goes Mrs is trying to talk me out of it.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Truenotch said:

Updates please!

Haha ok the new wheel and tyre foul the cross brace under the engine I can adjust it clear but the chain is to short. I'm pretty sure the chain is stretched and probably twisted from how it came off so I'll replace it.

I want to put the turbo on.... it makes so much more power than it needs can use or feed to the back wheel already so would be for noise and shock value really. 

So new chain first probably some extra meat added to the hub of the wheel so i dont blow it to smithereens again. Oh and think about turbo stuff I've hoarded a turbo a big SU just need fittings oil feed and drain etc and a few exhaust bends to make it work.

Rolling burnouts are terrifying on it as once the tyre gets hot and sticky it launches HARD! as road speed gets up a bit unpredictably.

• Like 1

I'm also toying with the idea of plucking this motor off for a trike or go kart as no suspension is holding it back..... also falling off it once is keeping me quite aware of how bad I could fuck myself up on it with double or triple the power the turbo will give it. 

• 2 weeks later...

One of the things that scares the shit out of me riding this thing is how I lose steering when it lifts the front wheel with fuck all effort and shit brakes.

It needs suspension at least in the front, Kimjon gave me these BMX size forks amongst other things a while back my plan is to chop them up if I can and give the front the ability to lift without losing contact with the road. This might take a bit of work as they are to narrow and to tall at the moment so planning cutting grinding welding all will be needed.

20180527_104620.jpg

That motor in a gokart would be the berries! That way you could make use of its rediculous torque.

Have you seen my "somali battle wagon"?

This thing is so much fun and I'm constantly amazed by where there can go. It only had a DT200 motor in mine geared real low...your motor would send it into orbit!!!!

• Like 1

Long term goal if i can find something suitable that'll definitely be where it ends up in something with four wheels. People in the states get the predator clone engines pumping out 50+ horsepower NA theres one in a drag bike with a turbo that made upwards of 150 allegedly. Ive got the big bits to turbo it now im just missing some pipework. 

Biggest problem for me is where to ride anything i build..... it scares the shit out of the public already and makes large animals scarper.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...