kyteler

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The swing-arm bolt was a cuuuuuuuuuuunt

Had the same issue with Megan's, was hanging off of it with a rattle gun and no dice. Seemed to start twisting the bolt with 2 breaker bars so gave up. How did you budge yours in the end?

One end of mine is 23mm, the other is 17mm. The seventeen is a shitty design and it slipped on my regular socket set so I started using my single hex from the impact set, put fuckloads of pressure on it and it still ended up slipping, impact gun wasn't working. The nut ended up too rounded to be firm on a 17 socket.

So I filed the flats back onto it as well as I could, then took a little more off so it was looser on a 17 but a 16 couldn't fit easily.. ..hammered the 16 on, put a 23mm ring spanner on the other side in a place that wedged solid against the frame. Put powerbar on the hammered on socket and gave it some beans whilst trying to steady the frame so it wouldn't twist and fall over. It eventually gave up and moved maybe an 8th of a turn at which point I thought the impact gun would get it.

Nope had to powerbar almost a full turn before it started moving freely.

Good work, fucking hate it when a bolt or nut won't shift, you start thinking about how terrible your life will be if you can't get it out or permanently stuff it by trying, then that sweet release as it starts turning.

Yeah but still you always have that split second heart in the mouth moment where you don't know if it's turning, rounding or shearing off completely.

If weather is nooice tomorrow I will start some degreasing and such on the frame. A shame I don't have a big enough container to Phos the bitch but realistically it doesn't need fuck-all, just a de-grease, scuff and paint.