kyteler

I was yarning to my boss about whether he might know of an CB's >300cc for sale and long story short he had this and I have this now

31386116765_f91d5d0cd7_h.jpg

30578784343_acec4ba4bf_h.jpg

As you can see, it has a skull and the tank is ugly and so is just about everything about it. However, it's a Honda and they can be made to look quite neat. I'm hoping for an end result in this kind of area.

Jesper-2.jpg

Jasin-CB400-3.jpg

a5996901b01421864395f352e25840de.jpg

Top two of those pictures courtesy of TheBikeShed.cc, some neat stuff on there to stare at.

I had also planned to pic up my brother's MC18 NSR today but he wouldn't answer his phone so none of that then. One day I'll have this on the road again also:

michealoldenhof1.jpg

michealoldenhof2.jpg

..but that's another story..

• Like 9

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It'll be a ways off. It is de-reg, locked solid, no clutch operation, no front brakes, sand everywhere and no air filter means that sand has likely make its way into the carbs at some point.

It's going to need a full strip down and inspection, a tidy, repair and reassemble, re-vin, then turn to the modifications. The good news is that it clearly has plates as well as a VIN tag, I still need to do a police interest check on it but I don't expect any issues to come up from that as the boss has had it several years but it did have a little bit of a past.

• Like 2

I spent what time I could this morning attempting to get it going, have freed it up but it still sometimes binds so it's definitely due a pull-down.

Someone has nonced the wiring here and there as well and as you can see there's insulation tape on all the indicators. I contemplated replacing them until I remembered that I wouldn't be using the ugly sods in the long term so it would be a waste of time and money.

I'll only do enough as it required to get it legal as well. Not going balls deep on it until it's got the stamp o' approval from the NZTA.

Apparently according to Barry there is a guy in Gore who is the person to see regarding bike revins. That's where I'll be taking my bike.

Safe to say I wouldn't take any of the things I have that require cert to any of the local guys who do it. Gore will likely be fine, I believe there's a car guy in Winton (or some other tiny town nearby) that is the guy to go to for anything that isn't american as the local guys are dicks.

Safe to say I wouldn't take any of the things I have that require cert to any of the local guys who do it. Gore will likely be fine, I believe there's a car guy in Winton (or some other tiny town nearby) that is the guy to go to for anything that isn't american as the local guys are dicks.

One of the Barry's at the VCC is a Jawa fancier and takes all his bikes to Gore because he isn't a fucktard. Will get his deets.

• Like 1