Kicker's Honda Beat FC50

kicker

Wow, that starter gear was a pain in the gooch to get off, diy puller would just bend so I bought some m6 threaded rod to use with my bearing puller. First go pulled a nut straight off the thread but came off with a bang on the second attempt.

OHIJpDc.jpg?1

But 2 steps forward then 2 steps back.
Turns out the seal is leaky as fuck, all good, I have a replacement ready to go but it's being a real shit to get out.
Any tips? Have been drilling some holes in it and screwing in a wood screw then giving it a yank but not much is happening, it's as bad as doing old fork seals so far.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Latest chop, still lean, cbf cutting the thread off for this

nraQfZ4.jpg?1

So I now have no air leaks, pressure test was done blocking the exhaust port and at the carb flange, but still lean so I have bumped the MJ to 105 which was the next step up I had from the factory 102, should I up the Pilot Jet too? I haven't bothered for the moment, stock is 35.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I have been riding this to work lately which has been fun.
I'm still confused about the jetting situation, I did a plug chop at 105 mj which looked the same as the 102, so I bumped it to 108. It is definitely 4 stroking now at wot (and under heavy load) so I'm starting to wonder if cleaner burning fuel+oil plus relatively short tests (1.2k) plus heavy load at wot (uphill, capital lyfe) is causing it to not show much on the plug. Once I find my O2 sensor bosses I think I'll weld one on the exhaust and see what my wideband says.
In the meantime I'll go back to 105 and see if it 4 strokes (should have noticed when I had it in originally) then try the original 102 again, which theoretically should be the right one as this is completely stock as far as I know.

f9GQ12E.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

From what I read on some FI snowmobile forum the main concern with burning oil has been related to sensor life. Short term tuning seemed to be ok but another consideration was the location of the sensor in the pipe, too close to the exhaust port could cause erratic readings from the fresh charge that blows through into the exhaust before it's stuffed back into the cylinder by the expansion chamber pressure wave. Some people reckon that unburnt o2 from scavenging will throw the readings out no matter where the sensor is in the pipe and the best way to get the afr is to measure fuel and air flow and work it out from that.
So that combined with riding it to work lately and it running well, I think I'll just drop the main back down and ride as is.

One thing I really like about riding the Beat is the "glovebox" area under the screen, I keep my garage door remote in there, can fit a jersey easy as and have my sunnies in there too which I can grab and put on while riding if needed. I should keep some snap bands and fluro zinc in there too

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm keen to get a high speed pulley for the Beat but they are hard to find, I know some exist as I have found evidence on an old Yahoo Japan blog.

kUHpagy.jpg

The Beat has a 15mm shaft the variator sits on and the sleeve is 21.95mm OD and 41mm long, Dio is 14mm shaft with a 20mm OD sleeve which is 36.5mm long.
QUESTION: If I sourced a Dio variator, could I bore it's sleeve to 15mm then add a spacer behind the variator to make up for the shorter sleeve and it would work?
Am I correct in thinking the sleeve gets clamped onto the crankshaft which also locks the ramp plate and the pulley is free to slide?
I would need to account for belt width I assume, Beat is 16.8mm, early Dio looks to be 15.5mm and late is 18mm.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ElMatto said:

Larger variator pulley?

What's the limitations of sizing with the casing?

I've got a beat too but it's lead 80 powered

Was meaning to ask you in messenger if you could measure your variatior, I've got a suspicion Honda may have used a variatior from a Lead or other bigger scoot in the Beat

There is definitely a little bit of room for a larger variator, probably not much more than 100mm though and there is less room on the cover side.
Stock variator pulley face is 82mm in diameter, outer pulley is 88mm.