Kicker's Honda Beat FC50

kicker

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoop, another update with not much happening.

I have the small end bearing now, so will start slapping stuff back together tomorrow.
TD3OLZf.jpg?1

Also have a fancy DC CDI to install, I think I'll wait till after piston has been run-in as it'll rev to the moon with it.
A quick pinout change and addition of a 12V switched feed and we are good to go.

RYT1xp8.jpg

ClKNshc.jpg

Dxo4RDP.jpg

• Like 5

Teeny waterpump
pJhKwWs.jpg

Cyl and head on, waterpump back in and variator and clutch on.
kCjhjzn.jpg

There is some corrosion on the pulley surfaces that I cleaned up, is this going to chew belts in future?

Engine back in frame, coolant and oil lines hooked up, forgot I am still waiting on a new fuel tap.
aYojIXG.jpg

Only a few more things to install
I have been dosing the plastics with Armourall and it has been responding well
Jeah

• Like 7

Sweet! We can race Tron style

tron-light-cycles.jpg

If you need any infos I have a manual and parts catalogue now.

Have run mine up to temp a couple times now so will check the head torque then should be all good. No leaks so far from the cooling system and the rad is warming up so it appears to be working. The excess smoke has mostly cleared now too. It sounds sweet when you hit the vtacs.

There are still a few things to sort. The starter circuit, it's also bogging down low when I try to ride it and the suspension is shagged.

How much effect will an old hard belt and crappy pulley surfaces have on rideability?

• Like 1

Pulley surfaces will be fine, knock the worst down with some 180g maybe, belt will smooth out the rest pretty quick!

Hard belt is likely to slip though, or shred once you get on pipe*

If you running it as it is in the pics the bogging will be because it's lean as fuck, whack the airbox on and give it another go.

*speaking of pipe, I hope you have a decent assortment of jets at the ready for tuning.

Good info, I wire brushed the surfaces then cleaned up with scotchbrite and brake cleaner but there is a small bit of pitting. I'll have a look for a suitable belt.

I have put the airbox back on but still need to buy some filter foam, also after posting I remembered I haven't actually set the carb back to factory specs since pulling it apart to clean. Derp.

I'll try to get it running sweet stock first before changing anything.

That sounds fine to me, my pulley was likely worse to start with.

My Suzuki wouldn't even move with stock carb, big spanny and foam filter, just major bogging!

Aliexpress is the go for the jets, order more of a range than you need as it sucks to be 2 sizes too lean without anything bigger on hand!

/What thread jets does your carb take? I've got a large range of umm I'd like to say 6mm thread jets somewhere, might be of use to you once you get the pipe on.

• Like 1

Picked up the proper size battery and some filter foam yesterday.
8W14Sal.jpg

Had a quick jam with the new CDI, I found some connector blocks I removed from a bike years ago and took one of the terminals out, perfect fit for the beat plug.
Wired it up rangily to test, started and ran sweet as so while I have all the fairing off to look for the starter circuit issue I'll wire it up properly.

fRWdBtt.jpg

Anyone know what the Dio variator and clutch shaft diameters are?

• Like 2

On 1/20/2017 at 21:01, kicker said:

Good info, I wire brushed the surfaces then cleaned up with scotchbrite and brake cleaner but there is a small bit of pitting. I'll have a look for a suitable belt.

I have put the airbox back on but still need to buy some filter foam, also after posting I remembered I haven't actually set the carb back to factory specs since pulling it apart to clean. Derp.

I'll try to get it running sweet stock first before changing anything.

size of foam needed? i have some left over, genuine honda