Kicker's Honda Beat FC50

kicker

Hopefully some of the other Honda parts like spannies are compatible.

Just looking it up now and stock the AF07 has 7.2ps @ 7000 versus the 5.6 @ 6500 for the AF18, MONSTER HORSEPOWER!

My japanese manual turned up today, so have been looking through it

hnjBVJS.jpg

Neat.

Starter circuit is working now after a clean, the horn is borked so will buy a new one and the headlights, of course, run off their own coil in the stator, derp.

Got the cylinder off, it was jamming on some congealed crud that had built up on the piston while it was sitting, need to replace the circlips as they are quite corroded.

Shopping list so far is

Horn

Headgasket

Circlips

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sick project kicker. 

I used to have a Honda Elite 250 (CH250), it was proper fast for what it was and the styling so RAD! 

Would trad eagain. 

ch250_85big.jpgfree image hosting

Ha sweet! It's got the look.....

nananana, na na na na na, nananana, na na na na na, na na na na na

she's got the look

• Like 1

So the piston rings are mega stuck, heat and penetrant not working and the rest of it doesn't look too flash so I'm looking for a replacement. 

gpAcpLT.jpg

Can't find anything listed as a Beat piston, I have a parts catalogue on the way which will help with part numbers. Bore and stroke are 40 x 39.3 which is common to some other Honda scoots of the same vintage but one difference is this runs a 12mm pin so I looked at oversize Dio pistons but height might be an issue with those. Eventually I found something on eBay which looks to be perfect, measurements all match up, just waiting on a couple details and it's $45 delivered.

8VikFrb.jpg

• Like 1

Piston arrived, looks good. Will give the cyl a hone and wang it in.

d6aW8Il.jpg

The JDMness of this scoot means find replacement parts is a bum, have not been able to track down a headgasket and due to also having to seal the waterjacket and exhaust chamber I can't get away with a coat of copper spray.

I have been in touch with a custom gasket outfit based in Thailand, gasketstogo.com, they have quoted US$12.95 for a composite gasket with fire ring, no setup cost and a lead time of 12 days. Sweet.

The carb cleaned up a treat, was pretty damn clean inside, just a little bit of gelatinous old fuel.

Pulled the variator and clutch off to clean them up, has some green rollers in it, anyone know what the stock weight might be? No tiny scales to check them.

v0APT4s.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah should be an improvement, will raise the shift point a fair few RPMs.

The way to do it is buy an assortment of cheap rollers in various weights (eBay ftw) and try different combos until you get it how you want it, then once you find what works swap the cheap ones out for a decent set.

You can mix 2 different weights too, I'm running 3X 3.5 and 3X 3.75 weights which has put my shift point at 10,750rpm/need to go slightly heavier as my peak power is at about 10,250rpm.

• Like 1