Air conditioning in Lancer EX

Scrubb

Hey guys, I'm wanting to fit the FACTORY air conditioning stuff (from a turbo model, I assume as I don't know if there's any 1600's with AC in NZ) to my Lancer which has the 1600 (4G32) engine in it, but I'm unsure of what I need exactly and what parts might be interchangeable from other cars.

I've looked at the car and it looks like all the factory stuff will bolt up just fine, except the compressor might need a bracket made to fit to my engine (May even not need to do this, but I'm not sure as I haven't looked at the factory bracket yet), and I may need to machine a starion or GSR Lancer crank pully to allow the extra belt.

I had a guy who was going to give me the piece which goes under the dash, but he never pulled through, and I understand I'd just need compressor, condensor and piping?

Can someone please inform me what would be the go here and if anyone knows of any factory parts, I'd be greatful. I'm new to all of this.

Thanks!

Its pretty easy to cobble together a system. You will need to identify what kind of regulation the factory system used or what you want to use. (I imagine it's cycling clutch, but it may also have a accumulator etc). The most proprietary piece of this is the evaporator under the dash, it will be in a moulded case so your factory fan and vents can connect, you need this first. The rest is easy to use generic shit, buy a new condenser for the front, a modern parallel flow one is like $100 and will work  better than the OG one. Bolt up the compressor and make some new lines, probably new TX valve, get it oiled and gassed and see if it works.

• Like 1

my ex lancer has bits of the factory air conditioning setup still in it, it a 4g62 non turbo so brackets may suit your motor (all there apart from the condenser if my memory serves me correctly) 

Are you willing to part with these components and are they small enough to courier?

One other question I had was, do these cars have an additional electric fan when setup for AC like more modern cars do?

my ex lancer has bits of the factory air conditioning setup still in it, it a 4g62 non turbo so brackets may suit your motor (all there apart from the condenser if my memory serves me correctly) 

4G62 brackets wont suit 4G32 engine.