Creature's 1999 Subaru B4 Legacy Pro Street money pit

Creature

hah nice now for another shameless Plug : hop on www.ClubSUB.org.nz & ruin a few Subaru Enthusiasts day there too :D

(nice effort btw)

whatcha do with the old donk? few people looking for replacements in your area

http://www.clubsub.org.nz/forum/index.php?/topic/49613-what-engines-will-fit-in-my-b4/

The old engine and gearbox has been sold. When i bought the car it had a big end knock.

You ruined it... nah sounds cool, B4's are great cars but the TT system sucks.

Appears you removed brake booster & ABS and have a different (subaru?) MC/proportioning valve, Any issues with the steering?

Good spotting. Yes i have removed the ABS and brake booster but replaced it all with the non ABS system from a 1996 Subaru. (there is a brake booster in there still just hard to see) 

I have also swapped the complete steering column out of an earlier Subaru aswell. 

Steering rack is from the B4, all other parts are OEM except the steering universal shaft thats been lengthened due  to the xmember being spaced down 75mm.

• Like 1

We are doing some late as nights here at the moment. Chris and i are trying to get both our own projects up and running asap.

Heres some other random pics of the Subarus progress.

Have just ordered a set of custom lips from 41 degree wheels.

Wheels are Work VS-XX with 6" inner lips.

Outers are 2" dish for front and 7" dish for the rears.

Greg at 41 degree wheels has been a great help and when they didnt have the correct tooling for what we wanted, they have gone and made up new tooling to get the 7" lips made.

Picture below of a wheel when purchased. (17x7")

219tcao.jpg

Rear tyres are friggin huge!

I remember my Diablo had 335-35-17"s  So i suggested Chris should get the same size as they are such a awsumly wide tyre. 

Got a spare pair while we were at it.

24opvkk.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi everyone. Andrews right I'm hopeless on these   forums but I thought id share that I have the car running now and have driven it. It is off to get tuned and dyno on Monday. rearJust need to do some finishings and that side of its done.Just waiting for the rear lips to come back and then we will tackle the tubs.

• Like 7

Its been awhile since I've had a scooby front end apart so excuse the question if it's stupid.  It appears you are running RWD only now, what did you do with the front steering knuckles/CV shafts?  Do you need the front stub shafts to keep the wheel bearings/hubs in place and sealed up on these or can you just pull the shafts and leave it that way?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...