Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rxtoy

Matt's 1969? 50 series crown ute

7 posts in this topic

Haven't done a whole lot besides plan, or try to at least. 

Im pretty lost as to how I want to do things, but I'm meeting up with the guy who's got my old sedan so I can measure it up and discuss buying next week. I picked up the guards that came with it today, bolted them on for a look, but they're pretty rough. Hoping the sedan ones are usable, I know one was good and one had a big dent but was rust free, but still way better than the ones I've got.

I'm also pulling out the diff and planning on chopping the front of the ute chassis off, will put it on casters so I can store it in the side of my carport while I sort out the sedan chassis, replace all the steering bits, bushes etc, and set the motor up in it. Once I decide on a motor. 

This post is worthless without pics!!!

22E6370A-A71E-429A-83C1-D36E86686737_zps

39C113E6-2D88-4622-B4AC-956923F52024_zps

update tomorrow with mockup slam on wheels pics. Only got shitty 18's at the moment, but should give an idea of what I want height wise

cheers

Matt

6 people like this

As promised!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

this is no diff, no front springs, but 100mm in rear (sitting on 100mm wooden blocks) and held up by the jack in the front (run out of blocks, but a little higher) so achievable ride height on springs in a 50 series crown.

image.jpeg

its purely for mockup, the wheels are so fucking shit, but came free with my hilux so will do for jobs like this. Definitely got me leaning towards 18's for the finished product though, but will be something a lot more traditional looking, billets would be nice but the stout taught me that I hate polishing wheels

image.jpeg

comparison height pic

image.jpeg

cheers

Matt

7 people like this

Pics fixed, resized them through Facebook (upload, download) then used the oldschool uploader. Still can't make photobucket work at all

cheers

Matt

I've been pretty slack, Perth summers are way to fucking hot for being in the garage. Finished stripping the steering and suspension today, it's all fairly tidy under the dirt, grease and surface rust. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Am buying the parts new that I can get, inner tie rod ends could be a mission but all the other steering stuff is available, UCA bushes also seem to be a questionable item but I'm not sure if it's just a listing issue.

Will clean up and paint the control arms, strip and check out the steering box, then clean and paint the front of the frame. So much parts to take up space!

image.jpegimage.jpeg

I measured up my old sedan chassis, not bolt on, and it was way more fucked than I was hoping, so I'm keeping an eye out for something with better front panels to grab, partly because I am missing most of the front end bolts and lights and shit like that.

cheers

Matt

7 people like this