KustomKreeps

KustomKreeps 49 Hudson - Discussion

Recommended Posts

Top stuff

Wish i had the space and patience to do 10% as good

Will be 100% awesome when you're 'done'. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, azzurro said:

Top stuff

Wish i had the space and patience to do 10% as good

Will be 100% awesome when you're 'done'. 

thanks man 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AllTorque said:

Boy, this is fancy.

Don’t forget about drive shaft hoops. You will need them for a cert. 

Cheers.

Got it sorted. 

Front is easy but need to confirm for the back. If it needs one at all back there or if the loop that goes over the bearing will be fine.

any one out there know ? for split driveshaft like pictured at the end of the build thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was about to say those boosters a pretty fancy bit of kit. 

Drove a good customers Manual 210 Chevrolet with a 9", 454 and "normal" disc brakes - with "GM" single pot calipers - nothing out of the ordinary disc about the same as a XF falcon, and it stopped like it was fitted with Wilwoods and 17" rotors. Was extremely impressed with them. Dont they run a massive line pressure something like 2000psi?

Apparently his was one of the first cars in NZ to have this setup and the LVVTA weren't very familiar with it.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

they work really well. really good in something with a big cam/no vacuum

Chev pickups had them factory in the diesel versions

 

Part image
 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, CUL8R said:

Was about to say those boosters a pretty fancy bit of kit. 

Drove a good customers Manual 210 Chevrolet with a 9", 454 and "normal" disc brakes - with "GM" single pot calipers - nothing out of the ordinary disc about the same as a XF falcon, and it stopped like it was fitted with Wilwoods and 17" rotors. Was extremely impressed with them. Dont they run a massive line pressure something like 2000psi?

Apparently his was one of the first cars in NZ to have this setup and the LVVTA weren't very familiar with it.

recommended 1500psi.

For the PS pump I have a PSC pro touring pump. They are mostly know in the extreme offroad/rock crawly community for tough, well made and top line components but are also making some damn nice circle track and street rod parts.

pk1150h-a.jpg

three port reservoir and Type II TC pump that is rated 1500psi or greater. Hand built in the states and dyno tested.

http://www.pscmotorsports.com/pro-touring-type-ii-pump-kit-for-rack-pinion-w-hydroboost-black-anodized-aluminum-reservoir.html

 

Wanted a small pump to help de-clutter the engine bay but needed something that would put out 1500psi or greater all day. Want the focus to be the old Nailhead not the accessories when the hood is up.

I went a tad overboard with the brakes. What with 6pot wilwoods and hydraboost.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KustomKreeps said:

‘Mo on Jalopy Journals HAMB forums gave me the idea of suicide rear doors. Rather like that idea I must admit. May be something we will look into a bit further down the track.



I suggested suicide doors 2 years ago.  ;-)
 

On 28/12/2016 at 09:06, KKtrips said:

Plus make the rear doors suicide spec.




Even mocked it up for you. LOL
 

On 28/12/2016 at 09:22, KKtrips said:

Sled.png

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

handles would look better,  if you take them off it will make the panels look fat and missing something.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, nzed said:

handles would look better,  if you take them off it will make the panels look fat and missing something.

looking at putting 51 Hudson Hornet side trim on it to help break up the bath tub sides.

1951_Hudson_Hornet_sedan_at_2015_Shenand

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

if you take the handles off, the only people going to know it has suicide doors will be when you actually physically show them.   

if you leave handles on, it will  be more noticable, not only purists will figure it out also.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now