• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, AllTorque said:

Boy, this is fancy.

Don’t forget about drive shaft hoops. You will need them for a cert. 

Cheers.

Got it sorted. 

Front is easy but need to confirm for the back. If it needs one at all back there or if the loop that goes over the bearing will be fine.

any one out there know ? for split driveshaft like pictured at the end of the build thread.

• 3 weeks later...

Was about to say those boosters a pretty fancy bit of kit. 

Drove a good customers Manual 210 Chevrolet with a 9", 454 and "normal" disc brakes - with "GM" single pot calipers - nothing out of the ordinary disc about the same as a XF falcon, and it stopped like it was fitted with Wilwoods and 17" rotors. Was extremely impressed with them. Dont they run a massive line pressure something like 2000psi?

Apparently his was one of the first cars in NZ to have this setup and the LVVTA weren't very familiar with it.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, CUL8R said:

Was about to say those boosters a pretty fancy bit of kit. 

Drove a good customers Manual 210 Chevrolet with a 9", 454 and "normal" disc brakes - with "GM" single pot calipers - nothing out of the ordinary disc about the same as a XF falcon, and it stopped like it was fitted with Wilwoods and 17" rotors. Was extremely impressed with them. Dont they run a massive line pressure something like 2000psi?

Apparently his was one of the first cars in NZ to have this setup and the LVVTA weren't very familiar with it.

recommended 1500psi.

For the PS pump I have a PSC pro touring pump. They are mostly know in the extreme offroad/rock crawly community for tough, well made and top line components but are also making some damn nice circle track and street rod parts.

pk1150h-a.jpg

three port reservoir and Type II TC pump that is rated 1500psi or greater. Hand built in the states and dyno tested.

http://www.pscmotorsports.com/pro-touring-type-ii-pump-kit-for-rack-pinion-w-hydroboost-black-anodized-aluminum-reservoir.html

Wanted a small pump to help de-clutter the engine bay but needed something that would put out 1500psi or greater all day. Want the focus to be the old Nailhead not the accessories when the hood is up.

I went a tad overboard with the brakes. What with 6pot wilwoods and hydraboost.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, KustomKreeps said:

‘Mo on Jalopy Journals HAMB forums gave me the idea of suicide rear doors. Rather like that idea I must admit. May be something we will look into a bit further down the track.

I suggested suicide doors 2 years ago.  ;-)

On 28/12/2016 at 09:06, KKtrips said:

Plus make the rear doors suicide spec.

Even mocked it up for you. LOL

On 28/12/2016 at 09:22, KKtrips said:

Sled.png

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...