who is the BEST at rust repairs?

bamble

Hey Guys,

I am looking for the best rust repairs/assessment in the wellington/LN island, nothing too bad but I am fussy and want the job done correctly.  The main area is a the A pillar against the gutter rail (datsun 510).

Thanks in advance for any leads.

I've heard very good things about a member on here called Sorensin.

He won't be as fast as just rust, but will do a better job for half the price (ish). However you will have to get it painted by someone else.

He is also quite busy last i heard. lol

The Surgery did thousands of dollars of sill work (all documented with nice colour photos of the rust and finished painted area attached to the invoices) on the Mercedes I bought, but strangely no photos during the repair process.

When I pulled it apart one of the sills was riveted together (using several strips of roughly cut metal about as wide as my thumb) under bog.

Utter. Crooks.

• Like 6

Walker mcluskie do a lot of rust repairs ( I do part time work there) last year we did a major rebuild on a early kombi I'm just starting a full floor and sill replacement on one side of a mini (rust ) was cheaper to put new panels in than repair them he's always pretty fully booked know there are tow more kombi coming in next year one is a front panel other one he recon would be months of just cut and replace

the beauty about replacing panels is you can get to clean up seams that you could never get to and panels behind it

rust it like the proverbial iceberg you only see 1% of the rust and its a case of how far the customer wants to go

So many horror stories about when it comes to panel work, sadly I can name you a hundred places where not to go. But not many off hand I'd recommend,

I just had some work done by Classic and Modern, again heaps of good and bad said about that place (sure others here can add) but the panel work was great, I just had metal shaping done and left in primer, paint finish on some of their jobs is average but was happy as with the metalwork- maybe split jobs between places?

So many horror stories about when it comes to panel work, sadly I can name you a hundred places where not to go. But not many off hand I'd recommend,

I just had some work done by Classic and Modern, again heaps of good and bad said about that place (sure others here can add) but the panel work was great, I just had metal shaping done and left in primer, paint finish on some of their jobs is average but was happy as with the metalwork- maybe split jobs between places?

I cant comment to much about my old work here as lots has changed since I left.

but the panel work there with the right worker on it was always really good.

However its time consuming and costly to do a job right.

and chances are the car will sit there for 6 months lol

I would not go to the Surgery

Classic Refinshers in the hutt wingate area are ok. but I think he struggles to keep workers.