Tortron's 3.8 Mayte fair dinkum Mitsi Ute

Threeonthetree

Oil change time 

Been using a ryco long life filter along with nulon full synthetic 10w40 with up to 15000km recomended between changes

Probably a waste on a dinosaur like this. But no issues with it burning or leaking oil as everyone said it would on synthetic, and it looked and smelt alright just now, along with decent oil pressure while running. 

Probably stick with it, wgen i becime a true barry il send some oil out for analysis. 

Had hoped to do a few other things on this oil change. Add in the oil filter sandwich plate. Was all set up to do so but i had to use the hoseclamps i had for another emergency fix on something else. So next time. 

I also want to add an oil temp sensor to the sump. Cant take out the sump without engine out it seems, so cant add the adapter in. Also cant use the other adapter as the sump plug as its not a tight fit, and also the other t piece adapter i have wouldnt really work inline with the oil pressure port. 

So il tuck my pile of parts away for another day 

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It's legit m8

Got the front panel and timber rack from another l200 and separated it. Slots right in behind the tail light housing bump. Rivnut in place. Drill holes for 12mm alloy tube, the rear hoop holds them in place.

Not sure if it will need a support or anything for the middle, the alloy is kinda soft, but I don't think I will drive around with it up.

This is a test mule for my 1st gen tray to see what set up I like

Oh yeah, might bang a kayak on top too

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Keen for details on what calipers you switched too on the front? I've put 2nd gen drop spindles in the front of mine, put the 2nd gen calipers and vented rotors on at the same time. Want to add some more power soon though and want an option in case the stuff I've got on there now isn't up to it...

These are off a 1997 pajero sport

Apparently challenger ones also fit.

Problem is you get some overhang of the pads over the edge of the rotor.

I have done some research and it looks like a rodeo rotor could work (the numbers look right on paper but might have to figure out the retaining bolt holes)

The overhang isn't a deal breaker many people have run them like that for years including in nz

The twinpot calipers only work on 2nd gen spindles. The position of the calipers is different and if used on a 1st gen they will hit the tie rod. The offset is also wrong so you have to swap the 2nd gen rotor onto it as well

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...