Tortron's 3.8 Mayte fair dinkum Mitsi Ute

Threeonthetree

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Pretty much just more sensors that let them run more economically and a few tweeks that give a little more power

buick uses a wasted spark batch fire spark, ecotech is sequential 

ecotech has better injector spray pattern

the ecotech has its peak torque a bit higher, but they have more bolt on power stuff if you are so inclined

I'm sure theres more to it, if this engine blows up il probably pop in a VR engine as they are that little bit newer and available cheap as

I'm going to get set up to reprogram the memcal and il install a o2 sensor as that's pretty cheap and might get a better tune than the kiwi leaded fuel no 02 sensor one that's in there

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey for your airbox hot air problem have a look at a vx one they got a nice slim snorkel that sits above the radiator should work in your mitsi.

Supercharged ones flow hunnits and most people pull them out for  pod filters so they can hear the supercharger doing it's thing. Should be cheap too.

Looked at those, didn't think it would do much  through the 5mm gap between slam and bonnet. I'm going to put a funnel through the conveniently place dual headlamp hole on the inner headlight panel and scoop in from the side of the radiator if I do anything as it would be a nice big hole and direct to the airflow (albeit with a bit of a turn) 

Tried the temps today. 20 degree ambient. In slow traffic it quickly got to 40 just after the filter. When running at 50-70kph it gets to around 5 degrees higher than the grill area. 

• 2 weeks later...