• 2 months later...
  • Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If you can figure out a way of getting it to you, I've got a pretty good condition cab down here I wouldn't want much for, doesn't seem to be rusty really. I've robbed the headlight mounting panels from it as it was a twin round headlight one. PM me if you want to investigate further :-).

honestly i have already replaced at least 50% of this cab. theres no more original mitsi rust left (im sure theres some in the lower rad support but meh thats easy). if i had sandblasted/dipped this cab when i first got it id be all over a different one, but i think im on top of it now

• 4 weeks later...
20 hours ago, tortron said:

Dug up this on the rear of my trayIMG_20200426_111452.thumb.jpg.c7e667cee39026045a0a176adcc3203f.jpg

Truck was an 83 so it must be #243 and made on the 55th day of 1983

MILDLY INTERESTING!

Not sure about the 55th of May lol. But here is a bit of useless trivia. These were pressed in Palmerston North at a company called Coachwork International. They were the only company in NZ to have a press big enough (400ton) to emboss the lettering on the tailgate. They stamped all the major brands wellsides back in the day due to local content rules.

Mildly interesting... or not 

• Like 4

55th day of the year.....

It's how many manufacturers date their stuff

But yes that is mildly interesting

Apparently NZ trays are different in a few ways than other countries. All in ways that involve less work being done.

An Aussie guy keeps saying it's not OEM and I keep saying yes it is NZ made their own for the above content reasons

NZ trays have a folded rather than pressed/beaded cab end panel (others have one that's like the floor of the tray)

The panels Infront of and behind the wheel wells are flat, others are pressed like the centre floor

Inner tie down rods are welded in, others are bolt on

We have flat/folded wheel tubs, USA has rounded ones

Our fuel flaps are below the swage line, so are flat and easy make. Aussie and USA has theirs on the swage, so another panel to press.

All the stuff is the same dimensions tho

• Like 2

My rear panel is one fold, numberplate mounted with rivnuts. I like it but it's obviously been redone at some point. I also have a shaved tailgate and checker plate floor on my tray. Swapped the shaved tailgate out for an original one because I like to rep mitsi haha

20200311_214733_copy_1008x490.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 years later...