Chees-s af18 lowrider dio

chees-

Was gonna wait till i slammed it but bits might be a while so meh.

Brought this af18 dio for too much from a dealer type thing. 

plans. 

Slam: currently have honda squash ab11 rear shock on the way from japan, will go no springs front

trans: have a high speed variator kit, just need a impact gun to stick it on.

kit comes with some little springs that apparently lift engagement point on the clutch, anyone wanna way in if these are worth it? 

especially when i'm just hooning round town, and lots of stop starts it might just be a pain? 

engine: ali expansion chamber and up the jetting to suit, if its a a bit shit for stop start i might look into something less extreme. 

paint: white or pale pink out the foot rests?

30615763531_6b9065e565_b.jpg

inspiration

30587243242_628acfc0a7_o.jpg

• Like 7

shocks are just held together with a circleclip, should be pretty easy really. will try cut the bumpstops into bits so its not straight metal on metal.

if you want it to still ride fine i'd recommend just sliding down the shocks in the triple tree and renotching it.

• Like 1

trans: have a high speed variator kit, just need a impact gun to stick it on.

kit comes with some little springs that apparently lift engagement point on the clutch, anyone wanna way in if these are worth it?

especially when i'm just hooning round town, and lots of stop starts it might just be a pain?

engine: ali expansion chamber and up the jetting to suit, if its a a bit shit for stop start i might look into something less extreme.

Yes it's well worth running the clutch springs, when you fit the expansion chamber you are going to lift the power band a fair bit higher than stock and make less power at low rpm.

If you leave the stock springs in you will end up with much slower acceleration than factory.

But if you don't like attention forget the springs and pipe!

I'm running springs that engage my clutch at about 5500rpm and with the filter/pipe combo I'm running it always draws a fair bit of attention as it barks a lot before the clutch engages.

Other than the noise and wheelies it still takes off just fine, bit more bite to the clutch but I think my set up is a bit beyond what you're looking at running.

/Need to fit 7500rpm springs and my bigger pipe haha.

Clutch springs will help with launching it at every set of traffic lights.

Keep the factory air box if you're keen to keep the noise down.

With the pipe it's important to find which RPMs it makes the most power. Then attach cheap tachometer and tune the CVT gearbox to run at peak power RPM using different roller weights.

Will fit the springs then haha. Yea im not looking for anything super wild performance wise.

brakes need a bit of attention, drums front are shocking.

factory airbox is already gone which pissed me right off, managed to argue the dealer down because of this. Not really phased on noise tbh but id rather not have to piss round with tuning it for a pod.

ive read a bit about roller weights.

They sound like a pain, but will get to that when i have too

i smacked my head on the road trying to get around a roundabout on a slammed scooter, i hardtailed it with a bit of steel bar from memory

no suspension travel+ body touching ground= tyre loses contact and instantly eat shit.

and no helmet. durr

• Like 2

I hardtailed my scooter with some sweet metal struts

Lasted a day. Too uncomfortable/unforgiving

Ended up shorter and stiffer shocks. sits Lower than standard when on stand, and at same height as it was with hard tail struts with me on it. So much lusher

Also, sweet whip chees. Can't wait to see plans unfold

My last scooter was solid sus all round, didnt bother me much. But as said im going short shock rear so that should make up for the lack of sus front.

I wouldve grabbed some ali ones but i couldnt find any round 200mm, all seem to be 260+ when stock is 250(note if anyone is better at searching than me, i need the offset lower mount to clear tyre).

• 3 weeks later...

Lushness, are you planning many performance mods? I just picked up an AF18 to slam in my nifty, I don't want to spend a shit load so was thinking of just an Ali zorst, performance variator / weights and stiffer clutch springs, maybe an Ali CDI for all of the revs.

As mentioned above yea pretty much same shit as you, still haven't biffed on the variator yet as I needa borrow stans impact gun.

I did a lean test haha and it didn't hit, but also the steerings gone pretty funky so idk if I'd wanna be binning it into corners at this stage