MightyJoe

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I actually didn't realise they had weak clocks. Nah the xf dash is crap. It weight half what the xe does and the clocks are just nasty. Retro but not in The good way. I have some s pack clocks with volts and oil pressure in them so id rather get that working properly anyway tbh. Also if the Speedo drive is in the back of these (I haven't checked) I'll get it recalibrated to read correctly with my wheels. The rust thing I was expecting. Meh. Its an old Ford man I'm not that naive anymore lol I'm chuffed to have not found more. 

12 hours ago, The Bronze said:

that rust situation looks familiar. I should post some progress pics of mine. surprised you're swapping in an xe dash - the odometers fuck out routinely I've been through 3. 

yeah get some pictures up please! i need inspiration and tbh, i just like looking at falcons. lol 

Hey there I noticed that the Weber carb you have for your car is the later model version with the anti-pollution gear on it. I recently rebuilt one of these for one of my cars and it works awesome however you will want to do away with the 2 stage idle jet as they almost always cause problems when they get old due to the little diaphragm inside failing. Weber performance in Australia can supply a simple and cheap jet holder that allows you to replace the problematic component and also allows you to fit different jets for tuning a modified engine.

http://www.weberperformance.com.au/product_info.php?cPath=6_268&products_id=1345

The 2 stage jet is a 70 when the engine is cold to aid warm up and a 50 when the engine is warm for improved economy and reduced emissions (but probably not optimum performance). I am running a 60 in mine and it seems pretty good all round.

This picture may be helpful showing the standard jetting for the 34ADM, it's good to check that nobody else has messed with the jets etc.

ADM%20carb%20jetting%20picture_zpsurx1sr

• Like 1

Here you go, not sure if this is for an Australian or NZ car but maybe it will be useful to both of you.

I know at some stage they went to a full electronic distributor (no vac advance) so this diagram will not be applicable to all models.

Bronze, maybe you can start a thread in the tech section as I am sure members on here will be able to assist you with your LPG de-conversion.

Vac%20system_zpsaw0vyam9.jpg

• Like 1

On 08/02/2017 at 21:41, MightyJoe said:

thats decent money. there was one on the facebook buy sell last night too. complete minus dissy with c4 for 2500. i always manage to eat my words! .  

I realise I'm too late to the party with this one, but I have a Mallory twin point dizzy from a 351w that needs rehoming if the need finds you. I ain't never gonna use it.

• Like 1

Factory air con bitches! 

18051801_10158462755260177_2074996259_n_

ok so the bottom hose has been hacked off but i can braze another union on. its not a priority now but man this is so cool for the future. it holds pressure too cos i tested it. score. man i cant wait to be cruising in an ice cold ute, ice cold. cos thats how i roll. lol. 

i was in it already but under 2 seat covers. its pretty nice though. not sure about XA-C but the XD-XF do, i think the XG-XH are different. i could well be wrong!  you can go from from single seats to benchies in the same models though the mounts are the same. mine uses the oe holes through the floor braces and 5mm square washers on the underneath. 

• Like 1