Mighty joe's XF Falcoon of filth.

MightyJoe

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I pity the fuel puhuhuhu

good shit man, so much envy. I saw one the other day at the gas station, red, slammed, 12 slots, eagers, with primer patches on rust repairs, bogan driving with durry hanging off lip.

ie perfect.

wife wasnt so ken, lol

do a skid

• Like 3

Ok so really early doors yet but plans are to implode the canopy ( or remove it and sell it, whatevers most fun)

peel off the tints,

give it a good service and check it all over etc. not that it seems to need it, everything seems suitibly worn in / out for a 30 year old ford.

everything seems to work, which is cool and useful for a daily.

needs an alignment badly, 

has airhorn (sigh) so thats getting ripped out soon

and i started on my mullet today ( there will be lots of mullet jokes and banter, you have been warned) 

i'm keeping the hilux for a week or prob slightly more to see if this ones up to the task of basically taking me to work, the tip, and the bottle shop. we'lll see... 

the paint is some rubber shite that peels off and its nasty to touch but its staying for the time being as i'm really lazy and i also have the cortina to finish. 

• 1 month later...

been slack with the updates, but i always am. bought the other one yesterday, its a clean clean shell man. in another life i'd have built it for sure. factory underseal car.  my mate is having it off me too so thats the quickest i've ever bought and sold a car ha 

• 2 weeks later...

so i towed the other one to a mates place last weekend, on an a frame. it was about 3 k's away so decided to go full retard and flat tow it instead of pay $70 for the car trailer rental. still, it got there without incident. 

i've pretty much said eveything else in the other thread too. the paint was a bit more than i was expecting, seeing as it cost me $300 to paint the hilux, however this was naive of me to compare 1 litre of paint and thinners to paint an old hilux cab to the 4 litres needed to paint a monster falcon ute. still. its done noe, and bread and water for a week is good for the soul. so i've heard. 

na she'll be right mate. hardest part will be taking off that rubber paint stuff. you should've seen the state of the triumph before i started that. big job yes, but i need something to keep me busy over christmas even though i'll probably only get the prep done. 

i've rattlecanned a few cars in the past and i reckon one this big would cost me near what i paid for the paint anyway haha. 

took the carb apart again today, theres loads of shit in the float reservoir again, the filter is clear so unless it was already sitting in the pump from the last time i cleaned it fuck knows what happened. idles nice now though, took her for a blast round the block and seems to just be nicer all round. result. also fixed the rocker cover oil leak, again! lol 

fucking fords. 

also, pining over this, not so much the price. http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/ford/auction-1220132748.htm

Mayte,

Keep at it and your ute will eventually be even better than that.

I know of an injected 302 V8 conversion up here that is a complete car if you are even slightly interested. Goes hard for what it is etc.