Mazda r100 paint choice

RiggsRX

Yeh G'day.

I'm sure a lot of you have been in the same boat.

Ive been racking my brain day and night trying to decide on a colour to paint my r100. I want to go outside the norm of red, blue and other basic common colours. To decide on an outside colour - the interior colour needs to suit. I have had my heart set on an all white interior forever but could sway away if need be.

I have been researching some browns. Seems to be some really nice browns out there these days. That's a different colour for sure. Would be a balzy move to paint the car brown and have an all white interior.

Anyway just wondering your guys thoughts regarding interior and exterior colours outside of the norm.

Cheers!!

• Like 1

Ahhhhh this is painful, went through this for months with the impala.

Go with your first instint/vision for the car in my opinion.

I had always pictured the 64 as gunmetal with black roof and interior and very nearly ended up painting it a number of other colours, but kept coming back to my original pic of the car.

Id go for something timeless, maybe period (depending on what path of build style your going for) and something that will look good obviously. 

Hate to paint it an "in" colour now that will look shit or dated in a few years. 

• Like 1

Ahhhhh this is painful, went through this for months with the impala.

Go with your first instint/vision for the car in my opinion.

I had always pictured the 64 as gunmetal with black roof and interior and very nearly ended up painting it a number of other colours, but kept coming back to my original pic of the car.

Id go for something timeless, maybe period (depending on what path of build style your going for) and something that will look good obviously. 

Hate to paint it an "in" colour now that will look shit or dated in a few years.

Brown has always been timeless, looked like shit and never been an "in" colour haha. Also looked into two tone which is about as big of a gamble as brown.....
  • Like 1

I looked at this for about 4 years with my Datsun before going back to a silver...........I toyed with a pastel colour but I was never going to end up with something standard. 

I think if your building a resto go with something like the original colour / shades , However if its not so original go with something metallic.

Not a red car fan , but god damn does an R100 look good in most shades of red. or black......

• Like 1

Got a color called "Dirty Wine" with a Brown Pearl added made up for a two tone bike with White as the second color.

Looked epic in the sun with color shift from Red Candy through Dark Purple and into Dark Brown.

Would need near perfect panel work because it's such a dark color.

Sorry I never took a picture of the finished bike but the customer was very happy with the result.

I did keep the sample stick so I had a reminder which I still have but it's very scratched, I doubt I could get a picture that would give you a true idea.

• Like 1

I think if your building a resto go with something like the original colour / shades , However if its not so original go with something metallic.

My thoughts too.

An another point dont listen to anyone else you get confused as fark hahaha. go with what you want to run at the end of the day !

• Like 2

white interiors are not great IMO

they get dirty very easily and can reflect on to the glass in sunny conditions making it harder to see out- a mate of mine had a car with a white dash and that sucked in summer, its the one thing that sticks in my mind about that car.

• Like 4

Google BMW brown colour, I think that would look boss. Go well with chrome too.

Also steer well away from white interiors.

Yeh mate I've been checking out that colour. It's called "Pyrite Brown" Let me know what you fellas think!! Also what you think would look good for interior!! Cheers.

Some of the new toyotas (in nz anyway) have a nice metallic? Brownie colour that I've been thinking would look sweet for a motorbike, just googled brown Toyota and it shows a few Toyota tundras which I'd assume you get over your way?

Bit of Toyota reliability would be handy no?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...