eaton m90 help

d.p.n.s

So you're using the supergharger as the secondary boost cycle?

I think you may be underestimating how much you'll need to cool the charged air down, my feeling is you will need to look at something more than a single cooler under the supercharger.

I've seen a Subaru STI intercooler modified with the fined section enclosed and used as a water to air style one with a small pump and AC radiator to cool that down.

This system allows the intercooler to go almost anywhere, water to air is heaver but it's more efficient than air to air.

Please don't take this as anything more than a suggestion but I would place the supercharger under the inlet on it's side with the outlet side facing away from the engine, this will allow the cold air intake for the supercharger to face upward at the back of the engine bay making it easy to get air into, pipe boosted air under the front pulley into the turbo in it's normal position through a normal front mount intercooler then use a normal front facing inlet manifold.

This system will allow you to run a fixed boost through the supercharger and a conventional turbo type waste gate to control boost making the whole thing way easier to control and I think a tidier looking engine bay.

Remember the M90 can supply a 5.4lt V8 at 12 psi all day but as the secondary it will be working very hard and I doubt you will be able to keep it's oil cool enough to make the system reliable, hot air in, hotter air out is a lot of heat soak to control. Over heating the oil is one of the known weaknesses in the M90.

So long as it's geared up to run in the sweet spot of its efficiency island, it won't make too much heat. Intercool the boost from the turbo, and it won't get reheated too much.

Pressure ratio is pressure ratio. Irrespective is the inlet pressure is atmosphere, or two bar

So you're using the supergharger as the secondary boost cycle?

I think you may be underestimating how much you'll need to cool the charged air down, my feeling is you will need to look at something more than a single cooler under the supercharger.

I've seen a Subaru STI intercooler modified with the fined section enclosed and used as a water to air style one with a small pump and AC radiator to cool that down.

This system allows the intercooler to go almost anywhere, water to air is heaver but it's more efficient than air to air.

Please don't take this as anything more than a suggestion but I would place the supercharger under the inlet on it's side with the outlet side facing away from the engine, this will allow the cold air intake for the supercharger to face upward at the back of the engine bay making it easy to get air into, pipe boosted air under the front pulley into the turbo in it's normal position through a normal front mount intercooler then use a normal front facing inlet manifold.

This system will allow you to run a fixed boost through the supercharger and a conventional turbo type waste gate to control boost making the whole thing way easier to control and I think a tidier looking engine bay.

Remember the M90 can supply a 5.4lt V8 at 12 psi all day but as the secondary it will be working very hard and I doubt you will be able to keep it's oil cool enough to make the system reliable, hot air in, hotter air out is a lot of heat soak to control. Over heating the oil is one of the known weaknesses in the M90.

all suggestions are welcome mate ...

i should have given you more information the turbo is in the factory position and its threw a decent size front mount into the TB and then into the SC the intercooler i mentioned that will be under the intercooler is a heater core from a old mini reason for this is outlet of the SC is 105mmx105mm and the mini heater core is 107mmx107mm and just under 70mm thick...i was planning on having a trans cooler up by the oil cooler and a smallish tank in the under the guard .(did think about coiling up a meter of copper for the tank and throw ice in there so its kinda like a cooler for a keg).so it is water to air .....oh and also the mini core is nice and fine so air flow dosnt hit bunt edges.

did look at mounting the SC on its side like you say but the room in the cortina engine bay is pretty slim

So long as it's geared up to run in the sweet spot of its efficiency island, it won't make too much heat. Intercool the boost from the turbo, and it won't get reheated too much.

Pressure ratio is pressure ratio. Irrespective is the inlet pressure is atmosphere, or two bar

yes Bart and we have spoke about this so much over the year that im just going to do it and then we can do some fine tuning/fidling with shit once its all there and running.

• Like 1

Cool. sounds like you are asking the right questions which is half the battle.

A compound charged bi intercooled 1GGTZE will make a Cortina go like a haunted shit house and it's refreshing to see something not Kent, Pinto, Grenada or 4AGE.

Keep up the good work.

• Like 1