eaton m90 help

d.p.n.s

Well controversially I've gone steel over alloy... Reasons being its cheaper plenty of it at Work and it's something I can work with my self.. Also picked up 2 steel flanges for next to nothing from one of our GC members..and let face it if weight was going to be an issue ....I wouldn't have put a fucking huge SC there.

But to answer you question Bart 8mm for now while I work shit out.

What about the hole that goes to the vacume lines?? ....need that

Only if you plan to use it. I imagine that would be dictated by your manifold  and how easy it would be to get lines too and or if you want to keep them hidden.

10mm is just thick enough but 12mm would be my choice. Remember it will need to be resurfaced after welding which can lose a couple of mm's depending on how good your welder is.

Played with a M90 on a 1GGZE and used pretty much every hole, mainly because it made adapting the Toyota bits easy and in most cases the same functions where needed. In my case it was way simpler to make the plumbing from scratch and use a N/A manifold, also allowed an intercooler to be added. I ran up to 16psi with one still using the stock ecu with bigger injectors and pump. Without the intercooler I was lucky to use 10psi.

You will need a good fuel system, superchargers use more fuel than the same power with a turbo.

• Like 1

Only if you plan to use it. I imagine that would be dictated by your manifold  and how easy it would be to get lines too and or if you want to keep them hidden.

10mm is just thick enough but 12mm would be my choice. Remember it will need to be resurfaced after welding which can lose a couple of mm's depending on how good your welder is.

Played with a M90 on a 1GGZE and used pretty much every hole, mainly because it made adapting the Toyota bits easy and in most cases the same functions where needed. In my case it was way simpler to make the plumbing from scratch and use a N/A manifold, also allowed an intercooler to be added. I ran up to 16psi with one still using the stock ecu with bigger injectors and pump. Without the intercooler I was lucky to use 10psi.

You will need a good fuel system, superchargers use more fuel than the same power with a turbo.

cheers man.

i have gone to 12mm plate as the 8 mm i had had way to many imperfections and would need a hole heap of surfacing..

im not going to use the factory m90 vacuum port im going to make a area that i can tap holes for all the vacuum needs.

this is on a 1ggte that im compound charging ..im going to make the manifold from scratch and incorporate a small DIY inter cooler under the m90 outlet just to try and get a last effort at cooling the charge..  

So you're using the supergharger as the secondary boost cycle?

I think you may be underestimating how much you'll need to cool the charged air down, my feeling is you will need to look at something more than a single cooler under the supercharger.

I've seen a Subaru STI intercooler modified with the fined section enclosed and used as a water to air style one with a small pump and AC radiator to cool that down.

This system allows the intercooler to go almost anywhere, water to air is heaver but it's more efficient than air to air.

Please don't take this as anything more than a suggestion but I would place the supercharger under the inlet on it's side with the outlet side facing away from the engine, this will allow the cold air intake for the supercharger to face upward at the back of the engine bay making it easy to get air into, pipe boosted air under the front pulley into the turbo in it's normal position through a normal front mount intercooler then use a normal front facing inlet manifold.

This system will allow you to run a fixed boost through the supercharger and a conventional turbo type waste gate to control boost making the whole thing way easier to control and I think a tidier looking engine bay.

Remember the M90 can supply a 5.4lt V8 at 12 psi all day but as the secondary it will be working very hard and I doubt you will be able to keep it's oil cool enough to make the system reliable, hot air in, hotter air out is a lot of heat soak to control. Over heating the oil is one of the known weaknesses in the M90.